• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

after market exhaust and tuning

Don't see the point in putting what equates to a straight pipe on any bike, let alone one built for practicality. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I've removed my CAT with no change in anything, but wish the can was more open.

I gained .5 seconds in 0-60 times and even my friends who don't ride my bike often noticed a difference. I have the full Leo Vince exhaust system with the quiet core installed. No tuner.

I absolutely agree with this statement in total. The NC is embarrassingly quiet and even more so when in the company of other bikes. It sounds like a bloody pump with a rattle !

Yes I know engines are pumps but y'all know what I mean.

no please explain griff;)

I gained .5 seconds in 0-60 times and even my friends who don't ride my bike often noticed a difference.

By 'no change in anything', I was referring to fuel mapping adjusting automatically to a freer flowing exhaust.
As far as performance is concerned, there probably is some gain on the top end of the rev band.

My son had an Integra GSXR back in the 90s'. The CAT clogged so thoroughly, the car could barely get to 50 MPH and 2 exhaust manifold studs broke and blew the gasket.
CATs will fail and strangle the engine; its' just a matter of when.

So what does a quality, road legal slip-on do for a NC? My only observation has been an improved throttle response, and a nicer sound.

Yep, that's exactly right. If my bike is any quicker with the Leo Vince slip-on, it's not by much. My perception of the improved throttle response may be just the placebo effect, but I'll take it. The Leo Vince website graph does show a slight power gain, but not much. The bottom line is that the nicer sound makes a huge difference in my riding enjoyment. I have been riding the NC much more than my Zero now, and yet the Zero probably accelerates twice as hard as the NC. To me the total riding experience, i.e. a great all-around motorcycle that now makes a wonderful sound, is more important than being the fastest guy on the block. it's a good thing when a motorcycle puts a smile on your face.

In answer to the OP, the bike runs just the same as it did before so it has either adjusted or did not need to. I suspect the latter. I can achieve the same mileage as with the stock exhaust but that's a little harder now because it's just too darn much fun to burn a little extra gas.

Back