• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2nd Annual SGT

So if it is too far for us old guys to get to the bath house in the middle of the night I guess we can just go in the lake. ;)

Yeah well, see Fuzzy, the problem with peeing in the lake is that the campground is below the dam. To get to the lake you'll have to climb up this big, and I mean BIG wall.
100_5021.jpg

Now if we want to pee in the river below the dam, that could probably work. Weird thing about that river is the flow varies greatly though out the day depending on whether they're releasing water from the lake.
100_5070.jpg

By the way we will camp in the area near that picnic table to the right of the right most pink tree. I thinks that's one of our bikes partly hidden by the tree. You'd enter the campground from the right side of this picture, so the site is pretty much the first or second one you see straight ahead coming in.
100_5068.jpg

I have a tent site reserved at Fontana Dam campground for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.
My plan is to leave my house early Friday morning, and roll into the campground before dark
(Friday) to set up. All are welcome to set their tent up and use the spot.

Guess its time to pick a site # heh heh. Just had a general reservation for a few months.
I tried to find a map of the campground, but the one I found shows everything but
the rustic camping area.

Looks like we'll have more people attending this year. Good deal!!

Mind if I share your site?

I have the camp ground map from last year. I'll scan it at work tomorrow. Last year I had site 13, the first site in the middle, and frozen had 14. Site 12 is across the road on the water side from 14. If we get 13 and 14 reserved we can put a bunch of tents there.

BTW I'll be coming in on Friday and leave Monday morning.

I've also been known to just open my tent door and pee out of it, but not at a crowded camp site... nobody wants to see that.

It always thought those little flaps they have on newer tents was where you could run an electrical cord in. Now I'm starting to envision some may have found a secondary use. :rolleyes:

It always thought those little flaps they have on newer tents was where you could run an electrical cord in. Now I'm starting to envision some may have found a secondary use. :rolleyes:

never thought of that, but my motorcycle tent doesn't have one anyways.

Mind if I share your site?

I have the camp ground map from last year. I'll scan it at work tomorrow. Last year I had site 13, the first site in the middle, and frozen had 14. Site 12 is across the road on the water side from 14. If we get 13 and 14 reserved we can put a bunch of tents there.

BTW I'll be coming in on Friday and leave Monday morning.

I will call the resort tomorrow and reserve site 13 or 14, if they're not already taken.
Sure, you're welcome to join me on the site.

I will call the resort tomorrow and reserve site 13 or 14, if they're not already taken.
Sure, you're welcome to join me on the site.

Awesome! I will share the cost and then some if I can stay there, too. Thanks.

Yeah well, see Fuzzy, the problem with peeing in the lake is that the campground is below the dam. To get to the lake you'll have to climb up this big, and I mean BIG wall.
View attachment 14977

Now if we want to pee in the river below the dam, that could probably work. Weird thing about that river is the flow varies greatly though out the day depending on whether they're releasing water from the lake.
View attachment 14978

By the way we will camp in the area near that picnic table to the right of the right most pink tree. I thinks that's one of our bikes partly hidden by the tree. You'd enter the campground from the right side of this picture, so the site is pretty much the first or second one you see straight ahead coming in.
View attachment 14979

Not Fontana Lake, Cheoah Lake, starting immediately below dam and passing in front of campground. Of course I probably can't hit the water from the top of the bank so will be just hitting the rocks and trickiling down to lake. On positive side there won't be any tents in the way. :)

I chose site 13 and reserved it for us. Our group may not need another spot, but I asked
if the other sites were available, & sites 12 and 14 are unreserved as of now.

Hey guys, I'm very new here but will be up there the weekend before this. I actually have enough time off to come back up there and spend one night before heading back to Louisiana. THe only hitch is my travelling companion, I don't know how he would take it if he has to go back to LA from GA by himself. Personally, I consider it an adventure!
Hope to see and meet ya!
MikeC

de8erahy.jpg

No one in our spots today. Why not a spot at other end with roof over picnic table to allow fellowship in inclement weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back