• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2nd Annual SGT

Ok, so how many are there now, just me, itlives, and mpgandfun?

I hope to get there at least one night, Saturday. If I get lucky I will get up there Friday late.

Of course if I come up Saturday you guys will be off riding and we won't meet up until evening. If so that is OK as the fellowship in the evening is the best part of a group like this.

If nothing else, I just wanna know what 70 degrees feels like again.
I still have site 13 reserved at Fontana Dam campground. I will be rolling
into the campground sometime Friday morning.

Looks like 4 again maybe?

If nothing else, I just wanna know what 70 degrees feels like again.
I still have site 13 reserved at Fontana Dam campground. I will be rolling
into the campground sometime Friday morning.

Looks like 4 again maybe?

Ok. If I show up Thursday I'll just pay for one night on site 13, then I'll be there for Friday and split it with ya.

I think I will be able to make it up Friday and stay until Sunday. No tent sites available but sites with hookups are.

Does anyone have room for an extra tent to share site cost or should I book one of the sites with hook ups.

I think I will be able to make it up Friday and stay until Sunday. No tent sites available but sites with hookups are.

Does anyone have room for an extra tent to share site cost or should I book one of the sites with hook ups.

Up to eight tents are allowed per site, so I see no need to book another site. We can share. I think the SGT group has two sites reserved already. mpgandfun will be on 13, so that's what I was planning on, too, even if I get there Thursday.

Sure glad you are planning to come, Fuzzy.

I am packed and leaving Wednesday morning. I will take the long way there to take up some of the BRP or whatever I find.

Last edited:
Loaded ready to go. Have to stop off at work. Be there by dark. :).

ha5a6u9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am set up at Fontana Dam site 13, dark red one man tent. Going out riding today. The roads here are awesome- way better than what I have at home. Hope to see someone else here Friday night!

PS. The Shad seat is working out well.

I'm at a Windham motel right now. I wrecked my bike pretty good coming down out of the mountains. It's at Kirk's Cycles in Dalton GA. awaiting the ins adjuster.
It may be totaled. The estimate to fix it is $4,470.00. Looks like I'll be in GA for at least another week.

It was a loss of concentration, got too close to the white line and the gravel sucked me into the ditch. I'm a little bruised except for ego, which got broke!
All in all, any wreck you can walk away from is a good one.

Sorry I missed you guys. If there's any problem with the campsite I said I'd take care of. Tell them I will pay when I get this taken care of. I can be reached at
[email protected] if they need to contact me. The motel has a computer that I can use.

I'm at a Windham motel right now. I wrecked my bike pretty good coming down out of the mountains. It's at Kirk's Cycles in Dalton GA. awaiting the ins adjuster.
It may be totaled. The estimate to fix it is $4,470.00. Looks like I'll be in GA for at least another week.

It was a loss of concentration, got too close to the white line and the gravel sucked me into the ditch. I'm a little bruised except for ego, which got broke!
All in all, any wreck you can walk away from is a good one.

Sorry I missed you guys. If there's any problem with the campsite I said I'd take care of. Tell them I will pay when I get this taken care of. I can be reached at
[email protected] if they need to contact me. The motel has a computer that I can use.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but I'm glad that you're mostly ok.

And then there were two.

Some people will do anything to avoid a tent in heavy rain quarter mile from bathroom and no shelter but tent. Glad 670 didn't let me down.

Seriously I am glad you are ok. You are the only one with legitimate excuse for bowing out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, you forgot to mention the tree fell and broke a power pole so the bathroom has no power!

@OCR...Well, I'm not yet retired and my funds are directly proportional to my job. So there's that. And, peak horse racing season has Jockey Club (my employer) resources stretched very thin. Few more years and I'll either have much more time for bike adventures, or I'll continue to stand around the press box window and draw a paycheck. Tough decision, as I really enjoy my "work".

I was thru the Dragon this weekend, and was watching for some NC700X's, but didn't see any...did see several Ducatis at Fontana Inn.....(I was in one of my Subaru's)

Timing was just bad. I am closer to 60 than 50 and my mother is still vertical on this planet-so Mother's day I take her to church (been a yearly thing for a long time now).
Cyclerosis-what do you do for the Jockeyclub? My wife owns 3 registered thoroughbreds, but never raced them. She even got her trainers license a few years ago but decided not to train racehorses.

Back