• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Easter.... day 76 ...

Last day of March.... rained this a.m. but just cloudy for this afternoon's 45 miler

For the month 31 of 31 days ridden ....1,491 miles.... 1,283 on the NC and 198 on the CB

For the year 76 out of 91 days ridden.... 3,429 miles .... 3,031 on the NC and 398 on the CB

Day 77.. weather terrorists are predicting 4" of rain and flooding over next 2 days. Got up early, wasn't raining, so got dressed and took off. Rode the 450 Loop backwards, a combination of flat state routes and a short stint of interstate..total 45 miles @ 53 degrees with a few light sprinkles in some spots

Day 78... dire predictions for weather today, heavy rain, flooding, hail, high winds, possible tornado. Rained hard this morning then about 11:00 an hour + hole opened up where it quit raining, so I jumped on the bike and took off.

Got wet lol ... I would have been ok, if I hadn't stopped and bought another helmet at my local shop.

24 miles dry (on damp roads) 20 miles wet on wet roads @ 63 degrees

RAIN BATH! lol

Day 79..what another weird day weather wise... It was dryish, with some very light sprinkles, right before I started backing the bike out. Then it started hailing. So I pushed the bike back in. 1/2 hour later the sun was out so I got dressed again and took off, part way into the ride the wind started blowing hard, it got dark and started raining like crazy. I cut the ride short and booked home. Another RAIN BATH. Now 45 mins later, the sun is shining again. Weird.

33 miles on today's aborted ride.

Last edited:
Got some cheap engine guard bars off of Amazon and mounted them . Bars are only 1"- didn't buy them for protection, bought them to have better place to mount led lights. I am frugal (another word for really cheap).
View attachment 53830View attachment 53831
I too am frugal, but not an el cheapo. More of the not wasteful category, buy quality but buy it on sale1712195821938.png

Day 80 .... Freeze warning last night and tonight, predicted snow flurries I never saw this morning. Light rain in early afternoon. Finally got out at 4 pm for 41 miles at 45 degrees and light sprinkles under extremely threatening skies. Rode down by the Ohio River and saw that it has breached it's banks (as it does every spring) as well as the small creeks running to it. I think we've had enough rain for awhile!

We rode about 325 miles today across the State, Around Lake O, to Jensen Beach (near Stuart, FL) to visit the Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House (food was better than most places but nothing remarkable beyond that). We went through the tree tunnel north of Okeechobee, which was actually pretty nice. We did not take any pictures as there was not a good place to pull over. Something is going on with the front brake when I am slowing, near the end of the slowing action, the front brake feels like it is pulsing almost with a cadence of ABS but much more pronounced. Anyhow, I'll check it out sometime this week and I am sure I'll have a question or two. Other than that, the bike ran and rode well. The Seat Concepts seat, however, has got to go. As time has gone by it has become less and less tolerable for me. Though, I have dropped about 25 pounds and am regaining muscle mass and that could have something to do with it. Whatever the reason, though I was never overjoyed with the Seat Concepts, it is just barely tolerable now. It's a seat.... the same brand will be adored by some and loathed by others.

We rode about 325 miles today across the State, Around Lake O, to Jensen Beach (near Stuart, FL) to visit the Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House (food was better than most places but nothing remarkable beyond that). We went through the tree tunnel north of Okeechobee, which was actually pretty nice. We did not take any pictures as there was not a good place to pull over. Something is going on with the front brake when I am slowing, near the end of the slowing action, the front brake feels like it is pulsing almost with a cadence of ABS but much more pronounced. Anyhow, I'll check it out sometime this week and I am sure I'll have a question or two. Other than that, the bike ran and rode well. The Seat Concepts seat, however, has got to go. As time has gone by it has become less and less tolerable for me. Though, I have dropped about 25 pounds and am regaining muscle mass and that could have something to do with it. Whatever the reason, though I was never overjoyed with the Seat Concepts, it is just barely tolerable now. It's a seat.... the same brand will be adored by some and loathed by others.
Quick comment on the Seat Concepts. i bought one and after about a week, I removed it and sold it. I cycled through several other seat choices, still unhappy. Then I had a Seat Concepts kit built with a ligher foam density that matched my weight, and I shaped the foam, based on knowledge gained from various seat trials, before I installed the cover. Now my SC is a keeper, the best seat I’ve had on the NC. But, in standard form the SC was not good. I think for many people the standard foam density is too stiff.

Back