• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to Dublin and back. Foggy and cold start. Had the heated grips on and couldn't see a thing on parts of the back roads where they dipped down into the mist.
Dropped bike off at the dealer and spent the day with my wife. Picked the bike up to be told it needs a new oil seal. All under warranty but will mean dropping the engine. Now waiting for parts and for a dealer slot. Will be a two day job.
No problem running the bike. I check oil levels anyway.
Ride home was a pleasure once I got out of the rush hour Dublin traffic. A fair amount of filtering was needed. From Dublin headed up into Wicklow and had some nice bends but a lot of farm slurry. A bit windy and still cold but mild for October. The Oxford heated grips are luxury.
Curious. What seal was leaking?

Curious. What seal was leaking?
They just said an internal oil seal but they would have to replace others to get to it. I haven't noticed any smoke, drop in oil level or oil leaks and it is a warranty job so isn't costing me anything except time off work.

Day 262... rained overnight, but quit by morning. Grandson schedule for ball game at 2:30 so at 11:00 went for a 44 mile ride on patchy damp roads, and 59 degrees, overcast, chilly and windy.

Very foggy this morning but once it had burned off I was out on the country roads. Had to run an errand to pick up some crockery from a shop for the wife. It all fitted in the frunk.
Got home and gave the bike a good deep clean. There is a lot of farm muck on the roads but still a lot of bugs so it needed it.
Took delivery of some winter gauntlets and a set of soft luggage for the bike. Looks like a Kriega copy by a company called Rhinowalk. 4 bags that interconnect to give 70 litres of carrying capacity.
I will have to fill up before fitting them but that can be done each evening once the tent is set up. I had considered going down the hard pannier route but having a tail tidy made it a bit more complicated for the turn signals. These should fit with no obstruction. The main thing is that I can get all my camping gear and spare clothes. My current 50 litre tail bag doesn't really allow that.

On today's 45 mile @ 57 degree and cloudy ride I rode what I call the "Airport Loop" and while blasting past noticed this collection of choppers, and turned around to grab this pic

HmPIDTHh.jpg

On today's 45 mile @ 57 degree and cloudy ride I rode what I call the "Airport Loop" and while blasting past noticed this collection of choppers, and turned around to grab this pic

HmPIDTHh.jpg
I can't say for sure but I think those are Bell AH1Z Attack Ships. Bad day for bad guys if a few of those come your way. If it is, they came out after I left the USAF and are used by the USMC today. Cruises at a rate faster than the AH64's top speed which is impressive.

I can't say for sure but I think those are Bell AH1Z Attack Ships. Bad day for bad guys if a few of those come your way. If it is, they came out after I left the USAF and are used by the USMC today. Cruises at a rate faster than the AH64's top speed which is impressive.

The one closest to my bike said Marines on the tail. There were 4 of them together

Oot n aboot today. Chilly enough so justified the base layer.
Fitted a Cardo to the lid and a new neck warmer arrived. The Cardo was because she who must be obeyed wants to be able to contact me. She freaked this morning as 3 motorcycle deaths on the roads here yesterday. I just told her that the last thing I need is her phoning me on a sharp bend.

Put on an Evotech radiator guard the other day, I think it's probably the best looking one available. It covers up the rock chips nicely too.

Today I took an actual ride w/ the usual suspects for lunch. Rode up to Half Moon Bay via the mountain roads (Hwy 9 to Skyline/35, down 92), then back along the coast via Hwy 1 for halfway, then cut across thru the hills again thru Bonny Doon for the rest. It was pretty mild out and the usual blustery coastal winds were all but absent making for a super nice trip back. About 110+ miles all said & done. Bike feels dialed in for me finally, though having not ridden in a few weeks I'm a little tired.

IMG_20231016_175137723.jpg

Longest day. On Sunday I rode 814 km (506 miles) from Fromista, Northern Spain, to Torre del Mar in the south. Motorway all the way, very cold to start I ran at 80/90 km/h, later more normal mway speeds of 115/125. ideally would have taken 2 days on interesting roads but needed to get back. This is my NC in the Picos de Europa the day before

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 20
Checked chain tension, it was good. I started assmbling my gear for a week long motorcycle trip. Riding from the Philadelphia area to meet club members in Athens, Ohio to ride the Windy (Wine-dee) 9. These are 9 mapped routes through the hilly areas in south east Ohio. I'll tent camp one night on the way there and one night on the way back home.

Checked chain tension, it was good. I started assmbling my gear for a week long motorcycle trip. Riding from the Philadelphia area to meet club members in Athens, Ohio to ride the Windy (Wine-dee) 9. These are 9 mapped routes through the hilly areas in south east Ohio. I'll tent camp one night on the way there and one night on the way back home.

I've ridden about all the roads in that area, and many of the Windy 9 routes specificallly. Great roads. You should enjoy yourselves, and the color change should be close to peak. Make sure you pack some warm clothes. Ave temps should be in the 50s and 60s. Some of the roads down around Marietta like 26 and 800 are really good too and not on the list because they are out of Athens Co.

here are some of the routes we ride when in the area with one (blue) extending down into West Virginia in case you need any additional routes to ride. Lots of squiggly lines on that map lol

u1Nnt0G.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back