• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked valves today( all ok) , Was a PIA to get radiator unclipped With 1 hand but otherwise not to bad. I'll put it back together in the morning, have to go shoot pool league in a bit so have to get cleaned up . Made a bridge that velcro's onto my wrist brace and it seems to help , won 3 out of 4 games last week
How many miles at check?

This morning I went for a ride down Hwy 35 in Wisconsin, following the Mississippi river. A great piece of highway with curves and hills, one of the best riding roads in the upper Midwest. Then I came out of a curve to see the most horrific sight you can see on such a road: a TOYOTA PRIUS! Even if the driver wanted to have fun, the vehicle is incapable of excitement. If anyone knows this road you can go 15 miles without a passing lane and, of course, per Murphy's Law, there's always traffic in the other direction when there is one. I stayed positive and relaxed till it eventually stopped at an antique store. Otherwise, an awesome ride, an awesome day!

This morning I went for a ride down Hwy 35 in Wisconsin, following the Mississippi river. A great piece of highway with curves and hills, one of the best riding roads in the upper Midwest. Then I came out of a curve to see the most horrific sight you can see on such a road: a TOYOTA PRIUS! Even if the driver wanted to have fun, the vehicle is incapable of excitement. If anyone knows this road you can go 15 miles without a passing lane and, of course, per Murphy's Law, there's always traffic in the other direction when there is one. I stayed positive and relaxed till it eventually stopped at an antique store. Otherwise, an awesome ride, an awesome day!
Guess the driver didn't know that Prius's can be driven hard, I have a good ski bud that drives his " Rally Prius" way harder than most in the Sierra roads

Next time find a wide place in the berm or a drive way and give the Prius 5 mins or so to open up a gap. Then pull out when you see the next car coming so as to be ahead of them

Did 140+ mile thru apple hill than up morman immigrant to plasses resort at silver lake and back to sly park resort. Great mellow ride
PXL_20230813_205015080.jpg
Was 30 degrees when I headed to the mc shop this morning. Got new Shinko Raven tires front and rear, new front brake pads, new brake fluid front and rear, and a new chain while I waited. Then took a 68 mile tire scrub in ride.
PXL_20230814_001230596.jpgPXL_20230813_212350887.jpg

Guess the driver didn't know that Prius's can be driven hard, I have a good ski bud that drives his " Rally Prius" way harder than most in the Sierra roads
Most Prius drivers are hyper-miling folks not that interested in pushing through curves or punching it on the way out... I know the latest model has a little more oomph than the old models but I've never heard of a "Rally Prius"!

Most Prius drivers are hyper-miling folks not that interested in pushing through curves or punching it on the way out... I know the latest model has a little more oomph than the old models but I've never heard of a "Rally Prius"!
That's just what we call a ski buds early Prius , that's chased me ( in my subaru outback ) down from the ski hill ( Sierra @ Tahoe ) (and we know the hwy exceptionally well) and I'll get up to 80+ passing flatlanders in the various passing lane and Mark in his " rally Prius " will be glued to my bumper

There are people with the attitude that think they know everything about most people that ride motorcycles. Or that ride Honda motorcycles, or Harleys, or BMW motorcycles, or any motorcycle different than the one they are on at the time. There are even some riders that think a 50 hp NC is the 'Prius' of two wheelers. They don't see an individual they see a situation that has to line up with their beliefs. How sad that is. Thing is, I'm one of those people a lot of the time and I don't like that part of me. Rant over.
I tell other motorcyclist that ask , that the NC is kinda like riding a 2 wheel subaru , it's all about looking ahead and closing rates , but they can be ridden at a very fast clip if you know what your doing. And they can give you a great mellow ride when your in the mood for that also

Well got back late Tuesday night from a fly and drive vacation trip to the Pacific Northwest with my wife, so I missed 7 days of riding. Yesterday's 39 mile ride felt weird after being off the bike for a week. Today's 45 mile ride everything felt normal again. Days 203 and 204 of riding were under partly sunny skies and 79 and 81 degrees.

Installed risers on my 2023.
Very easy, no binding anywhere.
Update:
Went for a putt-putt today, risers changed my seating pressures, moved me back on my butt instead of my crotch.
Im sitting more upright now, had to adjust my side mirrors up about an inch to see over my shoulders.
I'm liking the difference it made, I'm 6 foot 32 inch inseam.

Attachments

• risers.jpeg
    risers.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Went for a 75 mile round trip up to Plasses Resort @ Silver Lake for they're famous Mac and cheese this evening and was greeted by a spectacular alpineglow display. It's only about 35 miles from my house and you go over 8000' at one spot. I sure am glad to live in the Sierra's with some of the best scenery and backroads anywhere

Attachments

• PXL_20230818_023949520.jpg
    PXL_20230818_023949520.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230818_022109407.jpg
    PXL_20230818_022109407.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230818_024010719.jpg
    PXL_20230818_024010719.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230818_015815016.jpg
    PXL_20230818_015815016.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230818_024631750.jpg
    PXL_20230818_024631750.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230818_024613834.jpg
    PXL_20230818_024613834.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230818_020316604.jpg
    PXL_20230818_020316604.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Rode to placerville than 193 and off to Garden Valley, than on to Georgetown and Wentworth Springs road past Stumpy Meadows to Ice House to hwy 50 and back to Pollock Pines. Nice 110 mile ride except hit some rain and hail from stumpy meadows to Icehouse Rd and a few sprinkles below Ice House Resort

Day 206, a dual ride day around grandkids baseball games. A 32 miler early this morning on the CB and then this evening a 22 miler on the NC right before dark. So many deer out tonight. Had 2 fawns run across the road maybe 40 feet in front of me. Probably saw 30 deer on tonight's short ride.

I ran across a Seat Concepts seat on eBay that was very reasonable and rolled the dice, seeing how the Sargent I tried didn't work out for me. I suspect that it might have been installed by SC themselves or an upholsterer because it looked properly done with no wrinkles/loosey goosey vinyl. It's definitely not the low seat height version, as it definitely raised me around a half or 1 inch, and I know now what people mean when they mention the bit of more material in the inner thigh contact area. Anyhoo, I went on a short lunch ride w/ my buddy and right away it felt way more neutral in general, i.e. no downward slope into the frunk. It's firm, and the butt/glutes area feels wider. The ride was not long enough to make a definitive opinion yet. Felt pretty decent, which the Sargent didn't at all.

On the way back I put my phone on top of the ignition/forks in stop n' go traffic, thinking I had time to grab it in a minute (stupid Cardo app was acting up), I look down and it's gone, so we pull over and I walk back a bit on the narrow road to see if it's in a ditch or in pieces. No bueno, so I walk back making mental calculations on having to get a new phone, etc. and I see my buddy back by the bikes waving the phone in the air! It had wedged itself down into a nook by the forks/radiator/fender totally out of sight.......sheesh! Note to self, don't F around with the damn phone ever.

I ran across a Seat Concepts seat on eBay that was very reasonable and rolled the dice, seeing how the Sargent I tried didn't work out for me. I suspect that it might have been installed by SC themselves or an upholsterer because it looked properly done with no wrinkles/loosey goosey vinyl. It's definitely not the low seat height version, as it definitely raised me around a half or 1 inch, and I know now what people mean when they mention the bit of more material in the inner thigh contact area. Anyhoo, I went on a short lunch ride w/ my buddy and right away it felt way more neutral in general, i.e. no downward slope into the frunk. It's firm, and the butt/glutes area feels wider. The ride was not long enough to make a definitive opinion yet. Felt pretty decent, which the Sargent didn't at all.

On the way back I put my phone on top of the ignition/forks in stop n' go traffic, thinking I had time to grab it in a minute (stupid Cardo app was acting up), I look down and it's gone, so we pull over and I walk back a bit on the narrow road to see if it's in a ditch or in pieces. No bueno, so I walk back making mental calculations on having to get a new phone, etc. and I see my buddy back by the bikes waving the phone in the air! It had wedged itself down into a nook by the forks/radiator/fender totally out of sight.......sheesh! Note to self, don't F around with the damn phone ever.
That was lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back