• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added a cheap little wind spoiler to my already higher screen(I think it's ermax). Anyway result: high pitch wind noise totally gone, but now I am stuck with constant "thunder" in my helmet.

Yesterday I celebrated the 10th anniversary of the purchase of my NC700X. Time flies.

Back in early 2012, I began hearing about this upcoming New Concept motorcycle model and I was very interested. I learned all about it and decided it was likely to fill my needs and desires very well. At the Goldwing Road Riders Assn WingDing gathering in early July, 2012, in Fort Wayne Indiana, the Honda demo ride truck brought an NC700X along. However we were not allowed to test ride it, only look it over, sit on it, etc.

In late July, I happened to be on a work assignment in the Dallas/Ft Worth area in Texas. I heard the NC700X had first started arriving at dealers In the USA. (Europe had already been selling NC’s for months). I located an in-stock NC, a DCT, at Grapevine, Texas, and got them to allow me a test ride. I rode that bike 25 miles and loved it! I went to two other area dealers there but couldn’t get any more test rides. The next week I was back home and test rode a manual NC700X at my closest dealer. I then decided I wanted this bike, I wanted a manual transmission, and I got the approval of the spouse. We were now venturing deeply into multi bike ownership territory. Several phone calls and negotiations found the best price at a dealer about 50 miles away. So on July 26, 2012, I was the owner of a 2012 NC700X! It got 77.56 mpg on it’s first 235 mile tank of gas, then 80.27 mpg (no ethanol) on it’s second 240 mile tank. No break in required.

At this time in July 2012, MSRP of the manual NC was $6999, the DCT $8999. There was a $2000 premium for DCT/ABS, which was rather ridiculous. (In later model years, Honda closed this gap by both raising the price of the manual and lowering the price of the DCT). Honda Powerhouse dealers like in Russellville, Arkansas and Brookhaven, Mississippi were discounting the NC to $6400 manual and $8200 DCT, no setup or delivery fees.

The one thing I chuckle about: On my first test ride I said clearly to myself, this bike is just great; it doesn’t need anything! Haha. It turns out I have modified my NC far, far more than any vehicle I’ve ever owned.

So here I am, ten years later, still loving this bike. It’s probably a keeper until I can’t ride motorcycles anymore.
So this post got me thinking. My 2012 arrived at the dealer on 7/24/2012. I had been waiting since the dealer ordered 2 of them in late March or April. The bike was unveiled in Europe in November 2011 and I hoped Honda would bring it to the USA. A few months later Honda Japan said it "coming to North America in Summer 2012" so speculation was rampant during the spring and early summer. Come that week of late July 2012 people started posting of first NC700X arrivals in the USA. Dealers in TX seemed to get the first ones early that week in July. I was in the Honda regional warehouse the week or two prior (on business my job required) and I asked if NCs were arriving or were in the warehouse yet. The warehouse is about 10 miles from my dealer. Honda's SOP is notorious for secrecy and the person I was asking could lose her job but she smiled and nodded while saying nothing. The dealer called me Tuesday 7/24 and said come over the next afternoon. I couldn't pick it up the 24th because the area rep for Honda needed to do some item of inspection on the bikes prior to uncrating and he wasn't coming by until the next day. I got the call about 2 pm the next day and the wife and I went over to the dealer. The two bikes were not out of the crate yet but the covers were off and the bikes were visible. I picked mine out of the two and 2 hours later I rode it home 7/25/12.

NC700X in the crate 7.25.2012.jpg

NC700X_.highres_IMG_8726.jpg

So this post got me thinking. My 2012 arrived at the dealer on 7/24/2012. I had been waiting since the dealer ordered 2 of them in late March or April. The bike was unveiled in Europe in November 2011 and I hoped Honda would bring it to the USA. A few months later Honda Japan said it "coming to North America in Summer 2012" so speculation was rampant during the spring and early summer. Come that week of late July 2012 people started posting of first NC700X arrivals in the USA. Dealers in TX seemed to get the first ones early that week in July. I was in the Honda regional warehouse the week or two prior (on business my job required) and I asked if NCs were arriving or were in the warehouse yet. The warehouse is about 10 miles from my dealer. Honda's SOP is notorious for secrecy and the person I was asking could lose her job but she smiled and nodded while saying nothing. The dealer called me Tuesday 7/24 and said come over the next afternoon. I couldn't pick it up the 24th because the area rep for Honda needed to do some item of inspection on the bikes prior to uncrating and he wasn't coming by until the next day. I got the call about 2 pm the next day and the wife and I went over to the dealer. The two bikes were not out of the crate yet but the covers were off and the bikes were visible. I picked mine out of the two and 2 hours later I rode it home 7/25/12.

View attachment 49999

View attachment 49998
That is so cool that you and I bought our 2012 NCs one day apart. Almost as interesting, the 2012 I later bought as a sister NC, from forum member Beemerphile, had a serial number less than 200 different from mine.

That is so cool that you and I bought our 2012 NCs one day apart. Almost as interesting, the 2012 I later bought as a sister NC, from forum member Beemerphile, had a serial number less than 200 different from mine.
The S/N of the 2012 ended in 245.

The S/N of the 2012 ended in 245.
Beemerphile’s 2012 NC, likely purchased in Georgia, ended in 346. Mine is less than 200 above that. Back in 2012, the forum had a thread going with forum members willing to link their serial number endings with their forum name. It was interesting seeing how some were just a few numbers apart.

another mileage milestone on my 21 DCT

ByDIbGyh.jpg

Sorry for the late update but as some may have seen on another thread, my buddy and I had some issues. Here is the requested pic of my ‘15 NC ready for the return trip to Pittsburgh from Chattanooga a few days ago….

Attachments

• 978C24E1-FD77-4CA5-B60B-396719854E19.jpeg
    978C24E1-FD77-4CA5-B60B-396719854E19.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
I thought the NC would be put away until late summer but we got a brief break from high temperatures (under 80F!), so I trailered it to a Corps of Engineers campground on the Mississippi River. I’m going to do some riding along the River and enjoy nature in the campground area.

48B42DBF-46B0-4F0E-9846-0F57443A85B4.jpeg

A picture from today’s ride, on a gravel road parallel to railroad tracks along the Mississippi River.
7497567A-CEDB-4B51-B8C2-0B5CCE2C4081.jpeg

The reason I was on the gravel road was to access the bottom of a ski hill I go to, to see how it looks in summer with no snow.

8AC49291-C69F-4569-89F1-13930B0AE04A.jpeg

A view of the mighty Mississippi, along today’s ride.

85777B8D-6F53-430C-A1CF-9869B5C86196.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back