• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riverbend Rd on the south bank of Lake Roussieu?

Riverbend Rd on the south bank of Lake Roussieu?
The road signs and Google maps state Riverwood drive. Goes by the Inglish Dam and boat lauches-one for the lake and one for the river. Riverbend road is farther east...I was on that one too...

Ordered a set of JT sprockets and a DID520VX3 chain. I have 10,000 miles on the OEM chain and wanted to have a replacement on hand in the garage.
No kinked links yet and I have only adjusted the chain when changing tires. Perhaps I'll get quite a bit more life out of the OEM? I don't know. Time & miles will tell.

Ordered a set of JT sprockets and a DID520VX3 chain. I have 10,000 miles on the OEM chain and wanted to have a replacement on hand in the garage.
No kinked links yet and I have only adjusted the chain when changing tires. Perhaps I'll get quite a bit more life out of the OEM? I don't know. Time & miles will tell.
In a few days I will have 15,000 on my oe chain and I looked at it today and it still seems good. I'll be getting new tires next week. I do want to get a chain and brake pads on hand. Where'd you find the chain and how much? Master link or clip link?

In a few days I will have 15,000 on my oe chain and I looked at it today and it still seems good. I'll be getting new tires next week. I do want to get a chain and brake pads on hand. Where'd you find the chain and how much? Master link or clip link?
I got the part numbers off Sprocket Center, then checked Amazon and found them for less.

I believe the chain comes with a clip style master link.

I order mine off Amazon. DID 520VX3 clip link 112 link for DCT models. Not sure about chain length of 2021+ DCT bikes.

the owner's manual lists both 112 and 114 links. It's weird.
I believe ‘21-‘22 NC750X manual and DCT both have 114 link final drive chains per owner’s manual (attached). Pre ‘21 is as dduelin described in the previous post.

9C7BE81B-66C4-4EDF-9984-BBFA89154ABB.jpeg

I believe ‘21-‘22 NC750X manual and DCT both have 114 link final drive chains per owner’s manual (attached). Pre ‘21 is as dduelin described in the previous post.

View attachment 49782
Hmm you're right. I don't know why on my handwritten list of parts it says 112 or 114 with a ? Oh I know, it was on the parts finder price list.

item # 3

Maybe that is why when new the chain seemed to be adjusted really far back to me

Hmm you're right. I don't know why on my handwritten list of parts it says 112 or 114 with a ? Oh I know, it was on the parts finder price list.

item # 3

Maybe that is why when new the chain seemed to be adjusted really far back to me
That part at Ref 3 in your Parts Finder, despite the description, appears to be a 120 link chain based on the supplier‘s part number (note the “120”). It is probably standard issue for many models. The installer can shorten it to the needed length.

sure but it still says standard link 112L and standard link 114L and doesn't specify which one (114) so how would one know?

sure but it still says standard link 112L and standard link 114L and doesn't specify which one (114) so how would one know?
I guess they are suggesting that the 120 link part number fits both. If it’s a replacement chain, you would get the 120 link chain, then remove links to match the length to the chain you removed. I checked 2012, 2016, 2020, 2021, and 2022 and the NCX parts listing description for the chain is the same for all of them.

Over the weekend, after much consideration, I finally installed a pair of 30mm lowering links from Lust Racing on my 2013 NC700x. I also lowered the front fork by 14mm as the directions said to lower it between 1/3 and 1/2 of the rear lowering. The links are forged steel and have a smooth, rust proof finish on them.

I have ridden it a few times since then, and here is my initial reaction.

1) I can now flatfoot the bike with both feet while sitting on it, which was my main goal by doing this.
2) The bike is noticeably less tippy when pushing it or riding it. Not a tremendous amount less, but it is noticeable. This is a huge plus.
3) The ride is now noticeably stiffer than it was before. Also, the suspension does not sag as far as it did before when I sit on it. My guess is that the different link length has changed the geometry enough to change the sag rate on the spring. I kind of expected this because someone on the forum earlier warned for this very reason that the proper way to lower the bike was to get a shorter spring. Its not enough of a difference in ride that I want to do anything about it, and a stiffer ride will likely mean less sag when I have a passenger/full load, which is a good thing. Just be warned this will happen if you like a soft ride.
4) I decided not to modify the kick stand. The kick stand that came with the bike was already rather short and cause the bike to tip over what I thought was too much especially if I parked it on a soft surface (think grassy area or gravel driveway) and the kick stand sunk in. I think its going to be ok the way it is, I will just have to be aware of it when I park on a slope.

Overall I am happy so far, and I feel more confident riding my bike.

another mileage milestone on todays 41 mile "rain bath"

yGJrc6Xh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back