• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was dry when I took off today, but lightly sprinkled for awhile on today's 55 mile ride. Supposed to seriously rain around 4 PM according to the weather terrorists.

Unless you're me. I don't mind cold so much. Wet, you can keep. As you can see from my picture a few posts back, it messes with my hair. Well, my eyebrows.

I have rain gear and still hate riding wet.
Typically I give this reply when someone walks up and says "aren't you cold/hot/soaked?"

I get you though. Everyone is different where they draw the line between fun and misery.

Added my Amazon lowered pegs to replace my Amazon peg platforms.

I have scanned threads on this forum where foot placement seems to be offset with these. Sitting on the bike on the center stand, it seems natural. However time in the saddle will tell. I adjusted the foot controls to a neutral stance until I ride and adjust.

Note: I did not bend the shifter or brake pedal to compensate for the offset. I believe I’ll scrape the pegs in slow speed maneuvers, “wannabe gymkhana”, so I’ll report back on that

Attachments

• 874D61D1-1D0B-4742-872C-7A76B5F0365A.jpeg
    874D61D1-1D0B-4742-872C-7A76B5F0365A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • A8C54FEB-EB5F-4382-92A9-98E48265081A.jpeg
    A8C54FEB-EB5F-4382-92A9-98E48265081A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • B6630298-7E32-4EC9-B6D6-54B24782CE8D.jpeg
    B6630298-7E32-4EC9-B6D6-54B24782CE8D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 48DA731F-9856-46AA-B3EE-237CFC407154.jpeg
    48DA731F-9856-46AA-B3EE-237CFC407154.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 586B83C8-02C5-476B-B417-D5C0E16517BF.jpeg
    586B83C8-02C5-476B-B417-D5C0E16517BF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • B2C7C025-AD0A-47CF-BED4-9F914EB9EBB5.jpeg
    B2C7C025-AD0A-47CF-BED4-9F914EB9EBB5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 626A306C-1381-4ABA-A7EB-AC84DBC87C73.jpeg
    626A306C-1381-4ABA-A7EB-AC84DBC87C73.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16
Instead of riding, low 70's in PA, I added some necessities to the bike.
The Easter Bunny arrived early, though it was a 5-week delay between ordering and receiving.
I installed Honda center stand and Givi hardware & bags.
Nothing notable about the center stand.
I was afraid the top case would be too large, but seems well proportioned on the bike, with the saddle bags.
As for the saddle bags, there are three latches to open each. The main latch is sturdy and typical Givi style, with one solid push button to open or remove the case.
However, there are two extra side latches. These seem flimsy/weak when operating, all the parts are thin plastic.
You have to push in a front release button before lifting/opening the latch to finally open the bag totally.
Since I ordered all bags together Givi included a third matching key cylinder for the top bag.

Attachments

• MC Parts.jpg
    MC Parts.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 23
  • Bags attached.jpg
    Bags attached.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 23
  • Center Stand.jpg
    Center Stand.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
Started with a Good Friday and ended with a Great Friday. Worked a half day then topped off tank and went for a 229 mile coffee run upstate,CONN. MPG 72.7 with bags and trunk installed and a lite load. I always try to start the year ridding with all the storage before just leaving the trunk on. Took off the bags when I got home,factory set. I think the handlebar muffs are coming off today and putting back on the storm covers to the barkbusters.

Love fried chicken. My mom used to make great fried chicken in a cast iron skillet when I was growing up.

Every Thursday myself, my younger brother and my son's father in law (all retired) ride and meet for a fried chicken lunch of Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken.

Love fried chicken. My mom used to make great fried chicken in a cast iron skillet when I was growing up.

Every Thursday myself, my younger brother and my son's father in law (all retired) ride and meet for a fried chicken lunch of Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken.
We had the Popeye's chain open a few stores here in Winnipeg last year.
Lots of comments how great tasting it is.
After watching the Popeye's commercials on TV and actually seeing their deep fried chicken, I have one question.
Is there actually any chicken meat under that huge blob of crispy batter?

Finally got mine back from the dealer after changing the DCT gear switch motor. Had to tell them to do it, because they couldn't decide by themselves after testing my "won't downshift after a while" problem. They claimed they asked Honda and got a non-answer. Their initial attempt at changing the sensors had no effect, except for wallet pains.
It was cool and windy (which helped reduce the problem previously), and I had no issues on my 20-mile winding test run. Have a long ride for an appointment downtown LA early next week, with warmer weather. I'll report here and on the failure thread, if that test validates the fix.
To Be Continued...

Moved the bike out of the shed to clean it....House sold in 2 days on the market; now I have to figure how to get 2 motorcycles and a lawn tractor from Indiana to Florida (dont have a truck in Indiana).

My mom had a cast iron skillet like that.

We had the Popeye's chain open a few stores here in Winnipeg last year.
Lots of comments how great tasting it is.
After watching the Popeye's commercials on TV and actually seeing their deep fried chicken, I have one question.
Is there actually any chicken meat under that huge blob of crispy batter?
We rarely eat any fast food but Popye’s chicken tastes delicious regardless of the chicken to batter ratio! At least it used to. Haven’t had it in years.

Moved the bike out of the shed to clean it....House sold in 2 days on the market; now I have to figure how to get 2 motorcycles and a lawn tractor from Indiana to Florida (dont have a truck in Indiana).
Good luck on the move. We moved to PA last year. Moving is a pain, but lots of nice twisty roads here!
Went for almost a 2 hour ride in rural PA on a beautiful 66 degree day. Came to the realization that I absolutely need to replace the factory seat though. It is horrible!

My Go Cruise came in today (Easter lol). Took seconds to install. No interference with anything. Came with 2 silicone bands (not sure if they are any different, they look the same and of course no instructions)

* edit it is not actually a GO Cruise but CDC I guess an Omni Cruise knock off

Already did my ride this morning ,and headed to Easter dinner at my son's house, so won't get a chance to test it until tomorrow

Bg8R3Wdh.jpg

b8sRYSyh.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth on my older 2012-2015 NC the auto/manual switch is a trigger on the front of the throttle side switch pod. If I placed that version of the Go Cruise on my bike the thumb wheel friction adjuster would likely be in the way of my forefinger reaching over the device to toggle from one mode to the other which I do quite often on twisty roads. For comparison this one might work better on older NCs.

41iexG-XabL._AC_SS130_.jpg

About 200M round trip up to Lake Placid with the group from the neighborhood (did Easter yesterday with the family). Harleys, Triumphs, and me. One Triumph was a 2022 street triple that just passed its break-in period. When we left Lake Placid it would not start, threw a code, disabled the starter and said call the dealer. He let it set and the bike started but the CE light stayed on.

The NC just plugged reliably along! Though I have changed my opinion on the front suspension. I think it was DDuelin or 670CC who said the front end was over damped and under sprung. I think that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back