• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question 2020 NC750XD Oil Filter & Clutch Oil Filter question

It is 100% NOT made for seating the filter, and definitely should not be used in that manner! That's a good way to crack your brand new oil filter and cause a leak. In fact, most motorcycle race organizations have banned the use of K&N filters on bikes when passing tech inspection because of this very reason. There's no good reason to run a filter other than OEM on these bikes...you're not getting any performance gains or better filtration by using an aftermarket filter.

That said....I always buy oil change kits on Ebay and it comes with everything I need. 4 qts of Honda GN4 oil, standard oem oil filter, and the clutch filter (and most kits also come with an extra crush washer to reinstall with the drain plug.

Just search "NC700X DCT oil change kit" on Ebay. (or NC750X DCT oil change kit)
I agree the OEM filter is plenty good. If you buy and install the whole oil change kit every oil change, aren’t you changing the engine oil filter twice as often as you need to? Have you insufficient confidence in the OEM filter to go the recommended 16,000 miles?

Change it as often as you want. I’m just jokingly poking at you a little.

I agree the OEM filter is plenty good. If you buy and install the whole oil change kit every oil change, aren’t you changing the engine oil filter twice as often as you need to? Have you insufficient confidence in the OEM filter to go the recommended 16,000 miles?

Change it as often as you want. I’m just jokingly poking at you a little.
LOL Well, If the oil filter costed, say $50, I'd probably go ahead and let it ride for 2 oil change cycles. But it doesn't cost that much and I order it all together, so might as well throw a new one on with each change. :cool:

I don't even think I've went 8k miles on an oil change yet. I changed oil in my street NC not long after I first got it a couple years ago, and I haven't put 8k miles on it yet. My track NC, however, I've changed the oil in it a couple times, the first time being shortly after I bought it, the 2nd time was after the first track season when I began running it on track. And that's just for peace of mind. It gets ran hard at the track, but I realize it's not a performance bike turning 15k-ish rpm's all day long, so changing the oil in it once a year after 5 or 6 track days being the only time it gets ridden, is probably overkill. I may stretch it to two years this next time. Lol

The DCT electronic shift set up is more complex compared to the mechanical foot shift.
For this difference, I run the standard GN4 10W-30 grade oil only.
On all my small engines, Super Cub and even MO (Motus) I run Castrol or Mobil full synthetic 10W-30 oil.

Probably will never have any shifting issues with synthetic but if it did I'd be questioning the oil choice right away.
As for filters air or oil it's strictly Honda. My age is starting to show.

Back