• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question 2020 NC750XD Oil Filter & Clutch Oil Filter question

NC750sealion

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

New motorcycle rider here riding a 2020 NC750XD. I was reviewing what oil my bike takes and noticed that A) the manual doesn't state what oil filter to use and B) found out DCT Automatic bikes take a oil clutch filters as well.

My question is this -

• Do you guys know what oil filter & clutch oil filter the '20 NC750XD takes?
  • Do you know where to buy them online?
Thanks guys apologies for the newbie questions.

The Honda oil filter is part # 15410-MFJ-D01
There's also the 12mm drain plug crush washer for the oil (one time use) #904109-12000
The DCT filter is a 'ELEMENT OIL FILTER' #1 15412-MGS-D21
but it gets changed every second oil change.
Some folks use aftermarket oil filters, or even Honda car filters but I don't really have info on them.

Many people use alternative oil filters with apparent good results but I always prefer to use OEM if I can get it. That's just my preference.

have a good Honda MC dealer a few miles away but I still usually check online for the best price and ask this local dealer to match it. They usually do and might add a few bucks for shipping. If the online source offers free shipping bring that up.

These are the three online sources I get parts info and prices from:

Like HarveyM posted the oil filter part number 15410-MFJ-D01 can be alternated with Honda p/n 15400-PLM-A01 or 15400-PLM-A02. The 15400 is a Honda car filter and has common specifications with motorcycle filters for filtering efficiency and bypass pressure. They are a little longer but will fit most Honda motorcycles including the NC700/750. The car filters can be found online as well on eBay or from dealers. I've never seen an aftermarket replacement for the DCT filter.

Although I've never looked at a K & N filter up close, my guess is that it isn't welded. The nut is just a detail of the metal stamping.

Although I've never looked at a K & N filter up close, my guess is that it isn't welded. The nut is just a detail of the metal stamping.
The nut is spot welded to the end of the filter K&N.

I have a metal filter socket that fits over the whole end of the filter. I believe it’s a Honda one I bought as a wrench/filter combo. Been using it for 20 years now on all my cars and motorcycles with that sized filter. Best $5 I’ve ever spent.

JT

There was at least one prior post ( several years back) where the spot welded nut broke off the K&N oil filter.

There was at least one prior post ( several years back) where the spot welded nut broke off the K&N oil filter.
K&N did a recall on their oil filters because of the nut coming off. The defective spot welds would crack and the oil filter would leak.

JT

The Honda oil filter is part # 15410-MFJ-D01
There's also the 12mm drain plug crush washer for the oil (one time use) #904109-12000
The DCT filter is a 'ELEMENT OIL FILTER' #1 15412-MGS-D21
but it gets changed every second oil change.
Some folks use aftermarket oil filters, or even Honda car filters but I don't really have info on them.
Do you know if these also work on the 2021 and 2022 models?

K & N Filters have a hex "nut" welded to the filter can for seating and removing the filter.
It is 100% NOT made for seating the filter, and definitely should not be used in that manner! That's a good way to crack your brand new oil filter and cause a leak. In fact, most motorcycle race organizations have banned the use of K&N filters on bikes when passing tech inspection because of this very reason. There's no good reason to run a filter other than OEM on these bikes...you're not getting any performance gains or better filtration by using an aftermarket filter.

That said....I always buy oil change kits on Ebay and it comes with everything I need. 4 qts of Honda GN4 oil, standard oem oil filter, and the clutch filter (and most kits also come with an extra crush washer to reinstall with the drain plug.

Just search "NC700X DCT oil change kit" on Ebay. (or NC750X DCT oil change kit)

oil, due to the possible leak and negative consequences if oil hits the tires on the track
Just curious. I've done a couple of track days and there was no black list of filters.
Just realizing this is an old thread someone bumped. Lol. But yes, the track day organization I ride with doesn't blacklist any filters, but some club racing organizations do.

The nut is designed to aid in removing the filter, but people torque it down with a wrench when installing the new filter and end up cracking the filter shell. No reason to do anything other than hand tighten an oil filter, anything more just makes it even more of a pain in the ass to remove later. But people who are new to DIY things like oil changes see that handy little nut on there and overtighten with a wrench.

Back