Question 2020 NC750XD Oil Filter & Clutch Oil Filter question

NC750sealion

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New motorcycle rider here riding a 2020 NC750XD. I was reviewing what oil my bike takes and noticed that A) the manual doesn't state what oil filter to use and B) found out DCT Automatic bikes take a oil clutch filters as well.

My question is this -

• Do you guys know what oil filter & clutch oil filter the '20 NC750XD takes?
  • Do you know where to buy them online?
Thanks guys apologies for the newbie questions.

HarveyM

Reaction score
The Honda oil filter is part # 15410-MFJ-D01
There's also the 12mm drain plug crush washer for the oil (one time use) #904109-12000
The DCT filter is a 'ELEMENT OIL FILTER' #1 15412-MGS-D21
but it gets changed every second oil change.
Some folks use aftermarket oil filters, or even Honda car filters but I don't really have info on them.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Many people use alternative oil filters with apparent good results but I always prefer to use OEM if I can get it. That's just my preference.

have a good Honda MC dealer a few miles away but I still usually check online for the best price and ask this local dealer to match it. They usually do and might add a few bucks for shipping. If the online source offers free shipping bring that up.

These are the three online sources I get parts info and prices from:

Like HarveyM posted the oil filter part number 15410-MFJ-D01 can be alternated with Honda p/n 15400-PLM-A01 or 15400-PLM-A02. The 15400 is a Honda car filter and has common specifications with motorcycle filters for filtering efficiency and bypass pressure. They are a little longer but will fit most Honda motorcycles including the NC700/750. The car filters can be found online as well on eBay or from dealers. I've never seen an aftermarket replacement for the DCT filter.

Jphenry

Reaction score
K & N Filters have a hex "nut" welded to the filter can for seating and removing the filter.

DirtFlier

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Although I've never looked at a K & N filter up close, my guess is that it isn't welded. The nut is just a detail of the metal stamping.

Jt105

Reaction score
Although I've never looked at a K & N filter up close, my guess is that it isn't welded. The nut is just a detail of the metal stamping.
The nut is spot welded to the end of the filter K&N.

I have a metal filter socket that fits over the whole end of the filter. I believe it’s a Honda one I bought as a wrench/filter combo. Been using it for 20 years now on all my cars and motorcycles with that sized filter. Best $5 I’ve ever spent.

JT

showkey

Super Mods
Reaction score
There was at least one prior post ( several years back) where the spot welded nut broke off the K&N oil filter.

Jt105

Reaction score
There was at least one prior post ( several years back) where the spot welded nut broke off the K&N oil filter.
K&N did a recall on their oil filters because of the nut coming off. The defective spot welds would crack and the oil filter would leak.

JT

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score