• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
another nice ride out today the sun was out and so were we!
on the way home I dropped the bike for the 1st time. I was getting out of the way of a 4x4 .we were in rush so we let him pass in doing so I put my left foot down and nothing was there so over we went. broke the mirror and bent the footrest and a little pride went out the window ooops.lol
View attachment 29992View attachment 29993View attachment 29994View attachment 29995
Looks like a beautiful day. I would recommend getting some bark busters, I got VPS think I would have preferred the storm now, the weather getting hotter I took the plastic part off anyway. The parts on the handle bars are expensive so I thought buying the bark busters was a good investment, I little wind blocking and the metal back bone for protecting fingers and the handle bars, they stick out far enough your mirrors get knocked out of adjustment but don't break

Picked up the bike from the dealer after work. 1st service is now complete! Also added light bar, heated grips, center stand, 12v frunk accessory outlet (+ harness accessory etc.) and direct to battery pigtail.

The light bar is black for 2016, I believe previously it was grey. Happy about this as it will go better with the SW Motech engine guards I'll add later, with the SW-M skid plate! The heated grips have 5 levels, and there's a section on the dash that indicates they're on and at what level, cool! Center stand will make my 1x month chain lube easier etc. I had them put in a 3A fuse for the 12v outlet so that a 2.1A charger shouldn't cause any issues. Put in the frunk a 12v > USB charger and a USB to Lightning/Micro-USB cable so I've got iOS and Android etc. covered. Dealer put a direct to battery pigtail also in the frunk, so I can charge the bike battery through it and connect heated clothing come winter. I may look at re-routing it to the frunk lid and coming out under a rail similar to what Supertux showed, looked nice & clean!!

I read in a UK forum that included a picture that for 2016 there's also a new luggage rack that looks more formidable to the prior model. I'm looking at going with the SW Motech AluRack and then adding the soft luggage plate for my daily commute gym/lunch/laptop/waterproofs bag (Wolfman duffel). That way I can also quickly remove the plate at the weekend when not in use. Currently the bag is ROK-strapped to the rear seat, but my eldest will occupy that spot during the summer while he works at my office. It will also save me 90 seconds or so once a week during fuel-ups :)

Before the winter I hope to also add a rad guard, barkbuster storms, fender extenders and some additional front/rear lights. Some reflective rim tape may also make an appearance as the days grow shorter. I had an extended windshield on the scooter, so once more vendors have 2016 versions available I'll probably look into it, again for winter only as I like the airflow of the stock screen during the nice weather. A new horn is somewhere on the list too, probably when other electrical stuff gets added!! So many farkles so little money...

Anyway, I know it didn't happen if there's no pics! I took them but I'll work on getting those uploaded tomorrow!!

Thanks to everyone that post about their experiences, insights and mod information for us all to learn from, really appreciate it!

So here's the 'proof'!! :)

Honda Light Bar:

2016-06-03-19.25.50-web.jpg

2016-06-03-19.26.10-web.jpg

2016-06-03-19.26.40-web.jpg

2016-06-03-19.26.53-web.jpg

2016-06-03-19.27.06-web.jpg

2016-06-03-19.46.49-web.jpg

Left heated grip with control button:

2016-06-03-19.27.51-web.jpg

Right heated grip showing wire routing:

2016-06-03-19.28.00-web.jpg

Console showing heated grip settings in the upper right:

2016-06-03-19.30.55-web.jpg

Center Stand:

2016-06-03-19.36.01-web.jpg

12v accessory outlet:

2016-06-03-19.37.00-web.jpg

charging pigtail held by cord keeper:

2016-06-03-19.37.36-web.jpg

12v > USB charger & USB cable with MicroUSB/Lightning connector for Android/iOS devices:

2016-06-03-19.58.10-web.jpg

Frunk kitted out:

2016-06-03-19.58.23-web.jpg

Youngest of our 5 kids checking to see if she's big enough to ride yet :eek:

2016-06-03-20.01.13-edit-web.jpg

3M Reflective Paracord attached to side-stand enlarger pad, means not riding off without it & retrieval is a lot easier!
Keys fitted out with paracord keychain, ear plugs and a small capsule with $20 emergency money. the main key & paracord unclip from the rest while riding!

2016-06-05-16.56.05-web.jpg

The NC and I played Minecraft together! (Cave of the Mounds)

75aaec7906c813e4b1393c7d1eb7ee5f.jpg

900ea2c139d77d77d0d323a894a91d50.jpg

91ee0646a3f9d34adc3f1bad64c769d7.jpg

b5986137d74ff5028e0f0bf3ca302112.jpg

6d81168a370b70368df4c7c790666e3a.jpg

Then we stopped for gyros!
2d643d085a46b2c594058cf4839bc318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=FezUSA;163911]So here's the 'proof'!! :)

Honda Light Bar:

Left heated grip with control button:

Right heated grip showing wire routing:

Console showing heated grip settings in the upper right:

Center Stand:

12v accessory outlet:

charging pigtail held by cord keeper:

/QUOTE]

Looks good..

Getting mine this week.
I had the dealer install the centerstand and heated grips.
They charged me 3 hrs (discounted) labor.

Did you have to remove much of the bodywork in order to install the grips/wiring and the power outlet?

Just today I ordered a radiator guard , 2 - TWO Fender Extenders, a Puig and a Pyramid / I'll keep the one I prefer, and a Puig Windsceen spoiler. I'm guessing that a Puig spoiler will be all that I'll need to make the OEM screen work for me. Could be wrong though.

Enjoy
d'milan

Last edited:
Getting mine this week.
I had the dealer install the centerstand and heated grips.
They charged me 3 hrs (discounted) labor.

Did you have to remove much of the bodywork in order to install the grips/wiring and the power outlet?

Just today I ordered a radiator guard , 2 - TWO Fender Extenders, a Puig and a Pyramid / I'll keep the one I prefer, and a Puig Windsceen spoiler. I'm guessing that a Puig spoiler will be all that I'll need to make the OEM screen work for me. Could be wrong though.

Enjoy
d'milan

I had the dealer install all of the above during the 600 mile 1st service as I bought/picked up the bike shortly after it arrived at the dealership and the accessories etc. weren't in stock. They had to take at least one side off, possibly both to put the hole in the frunk and install the (electrical) accessory kit used to connect the grips and the outlet. Total labour for all accessories was 3 hours.

I've been really happy with the dealership ever since I first purchased the PCX 3 years ago. They're close (to me!) great people to deal with and very friendly. Would highly recommend them. "Just for Fun Honda" in Middlefield, OH.

I had the dealer install all of the above during the 600 mile 1st service as I bought/picked up the bike shortly after it arrived at the dealership and the accessories etc. weren't in stock. They had to take at least one side off, possibly both to put the hole in the frunk and install the (electrical) accessory kit used to connect the grips and the outlet. Total labour for all accessories was 3 hours.

I've been really happy with the dealership ever since I first purchased the PCX 3 years ago. They're close (to me!) great people to deal with and very friendly. Would highly recommend them. "Just for Fun Honda" in Middlefield, OH.
3 hours for all that sounds good, would have taken me at least double that

I took the wife for her first longer pillion ride, about 60 miles.
I was trying to post a short video but iMovie refuses to admit the clips were imported.

3 hours for all that sounds good, would have taken me at least double that

That sounds about fair. I planned to do all my electrical accessories at the same time because taking off the plastic is a real pain and putting them back is worse.
That's at least an hour alone to get them off and on again and more if they've never done it before.

Unfortunately I now have a 1/8" gap where the small 'fuct' plastic (fake duct - still on the 2016 but not a duct shape) meets the top plastics around the frunk lock / steering hole. For whatever reason one of the little sliding tabs won't seat properly under another part even though all the rest do. I'm not sure how to 'fix' it since it's a plastics on plastics interaction and the engineering part of me says 'accumulated tolerances' and 'budget bike.' It's a small annoyance that doesn't impact performance but it really messes with my OCD. The 2016 uses four different (!) shapes and lengths of trim clips now, so if you do take the plastics off do one side at a time and if you forget what goes wear, see the other side for reference. :) The service manual does not detail which types of trim clips and sizes of bolts go where. It just says 'trim clip', 'bolt' and 'screw', and there's different bolt and screw sizes too. Take lots of pictures and don't plan anything for a few hours.... :)

Gap:
d246445891b29bd9f496689c972a67ec.jpg

No Gap:

b4ccd607dbe71b651f952c286037814f.jpg

New Fuct:

15eac823baa6461e47c0275669050ae2.jpg

Last edited:
That stinks the plastic on the older models was kinda a pain I was hoping better not worse

I installed a 12 volt adapter:

Then I did the key fob for the frunk:

Everyone is right, once you cut the key down to where you can add a button/cap/whatever, it is not long enough to work in the ignition. I don't keep anything in the frunk which is all that expensive to replace, and if they have the nerve to try to steal gas, 3 gallons max isn't that much to worry about.
With that said, I think I am going to make 3 labels, 2 'off', and one 'on'. Place the 'on' in the top middle and each 'off' on either side. Stupid crooks would never figure out the issue if they tried to 'start' the bike.

Sometimes I want to secure my gear to some degree and not carry/wear the stuff when hiking, walking, whatever (jacket, pants)... rather than just throwing my gear on top of the NC, hoping only honest people notice. I always have my rear box for my helmet, but usually not empty side panniers.
I read this idea somewhere on this forum... I just bought a 4 foot chain... about as heavy as the Helmet Guardian (dualsporttouring.com) that I installed last year. (It was a freebie from Twisted Throttle... purchase points from buying Trax boxes.)
No, it won't stop a determined thief... but I will have a little more confidence that my jacket and pants will be there when I get back to the bike... and it's easy to do.
A second 4 foot chain is now also in the tiny storage compartment of my Honda CRF250L... the bike comes with a locking helmet ring holder.
So, where is my NC helmet thing that was part of the "toolkit"? Carefully stored in my motorcycle parts/junk drawer. (It's kind of a Where's Waldo picture below.)
bf6269753814e7881ef5d2a3d97ca636.jpg

f63a59e30b0e43d894b9a68429157dc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With that said, I think I am going to make 3 labels, 2 'off', and one 'on'. Place the 'on' in the top middle and each 'off' on either side. Stupid crooks would never figure out the issue if they tried to 'start' the bike.

That's a good idea! I'm currently wiring up a Scorpio i900R alarm as my last electric farkle. Another thing you can use to deter thieves is to add a hidden switch in parallel with the kickstand switch, like maybe under the passenger seat.

Original owner kept the helmet locking strap so I had a piece of chain in the garage and use it for locking helmet. It's also long enough to run through one sleeve of my riding jacket as well as the helmet. I accordian it under the passenger seat for storing.

I found out today from my insurance company that my NC is now totalled from the wreck I had with it May 19. Will find out next week the amount of money it is valued at the time of the wreck with the extras I had on it. I'm planning to buy it back and repair it if they are not asking too much for it salvaged. In TN if you keep the bike the Title stays as is, no salvage Title issued.

Pacheco pass is a beast. Too windy. I live in Gonzales and commute to Watsonville.
That's a much nicer commute. The NC700X is very stable even in high winds, my only problem is going up hill with a head wind, wishing I had more power. It would be nice if they had a 1000cc motor

. . . my only problem is going up hill with a head wind, wishing I had more power. It would be nice if they had a 1000cc motor

Have thought exactly the same thing - love the format of the NC700X but really wish there was a 1000cc version - Up hill, into the wind, trying to pass a double-trailer semi on the Interstate - it just needs a little more hp.
The closest thing looks to be the AfricaTwin Honda is coming out with - 1000cc parallel-twin - 50% more engine and only ~25lbs heavier than the NC700X, but nearly twice the price

Have thought exactly the same thing - love the format of the NC700X but really wish there was a 1000cc version - Up hill, into the wind, trying to pass a double-trailer semi on the Interstate - it just needs a little more hp.
The closest thing looks to be the AfricaTwin Honda is coming out with - 1000cc parallel-twin - 50% more engine and only ~25lbs heavier than the NC700X, but nearly twice the price
and I've heard shim adjustment for the intake valves and screw type for the exhaust, which I don't like. I love the simplicity of the screw type valve adjust on the NC700X

I do like most everything else about the AT. I wonder what would be a great street tire for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back