• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Participated in Chicagoland Toys for Tots. It was last minute decision since snow was in the forecast. I left the parade as soon as we reached the end. Snow started to fall shortly.
I hope that other riders have made home safe.
TFT1.jpgTFT2.jpgTFT6.jpg

This is how the weather looked like about 1 hr later:
TFT7.jpgTFT8.jpg

Last edited:
Washed it. In the rain. Then in the hail. Then dropped it (gently) trying to push it back into the garage (no damage). Lesson learned so a Good day.

IMG_5148.jpg

just made sure the DieHard battery maintainer was doing its job. 4" of snow last night and some days of just above 0F to come with sub-0 nights. Might rip around the back acre on the WR250R just to make sure everything is working right ; }

Went out to check on the bike and move it out of the way from my lawn tractor so I could mow the leaves out of the yard; found the bike tire flat. I don't know why, I had just aired the tire up 4 days earlier (it was a little low but not that much) and rode it around my 6 mile block. I aired the tire up; checked meticulously for a nail or something in the tire. Couldn't find one and could not detect any air leaks. I will have to check it again when I get home to see if it is flat. My cruiser does have a flat (big nail in the tire) and I was thinking the last time I rode the C50 was around the 6 mile block...hmmm. If the tire is flat again, I will air it up and get a spray bottle and start spraying the tire/wheel to find a very very small leak. Ride-on may be in the forecast-just depends if there is a leak and where the leak is located.

Went out to check on the bike and move it out of the way from my lawn tractor so I could mow the leaves out of the yard; found the bike tire flat. I don't know why, I had just aired the tire up 4 days earlier (it was a little low but not that much) and rode it around my 6 mile block. I aired the tire up; checked meticulously for a nail or something in the tire. Couldn't find one and could not detect any air leaks. I will have to check it again when I get home to see if it is flat. My cruiser does have a flat (big nail in the tire) and I was thinking the last time I rode the C50 was around the 6 mile block...hmmm. If the tire is flat again, I will air it up and get a spray bottle and start spraying the tire/wheel to find a very very small leak. Ride-on may be in the forecast-just depends if there is a leak and where the leak is located.

My bet is on a leak at the rim. And, Ride-on won't fix that because it all collects in the center of the tread area.

this stopped a rim leak when the tire got bashed right at the bead:

ec83525e-68b0-417d-b3c4-76db9e15288b_1.a24c2bf4010b67b4514c664c966dc82d.jpeg

The wheels on this bike have been known to suffer small spots of corrosion at the rims under the paint. This occasionally will allow small blisters of paint to lift off and this can cause a leak. Sometimes it will leak through the blister even if a spot of paint does not lift off. If the bike is still under warranty then the wheels should be replaced. Mine suffered from this on the front wheel just prior to trade in. I informed the dealer. If out of warranty then I suspect a cleaning of the affected area and some fresh paint should sort out the problem. Perhaps a Tech might have a better solution.

I put ride on in all my bikes. I had a monster screw in one of my tires but no pressure loss. 670 is right that it might not catch a rim to tire leak. A buddy had a rim leak and he took and tipped the bike over as far as he could and walked it in a circle and it sealed up his rim leak till he replaced the tire. Might take 2 people with the Nc700x.

Ride On is not so cheap flat insurance. However, it must be put in before the flat to spread out properly. On the open road an ounce of hide site is worth a pound of fore site.

Yeah. Ride-On does cost 2.75 to 3 times as much as QuadBoss to do a set a of tires : \

I hadn't heard of quad boss till you mentioned it.
Does quad boss also help balance the tire?
Does it make a mess when you change a tire? That's one reason I do like ride on.

I ordered the brightest white 1156 led bulbs I could find for the front turn signals. Hopefully they will meet my expectations.

I hadn't heard of quad boss till you mentioned it.
Does quad boss also help balance the tire?
Does it make a mess when you change a tire? That's one reason I do like ride on.
It's no more messy than Ride-On. From http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/12041-ride-re-balance-tire.html#post172740

"One of the main ingredients of most tire sealants both regional and nationally marketed, is ethylene glycol. That's the main ingredient of anti-freeze ; }

This seems to be the base/carrier ingredient for lots of commercial brands. There are more than you'd think, more than just Ride-On and QuadBoss. Some of them mainly have regional status, some of them like Monster Seal are accepted and successful in other markets but not too known yet in MC circles. There is more in common than not between bicycles, motorcycles, lawn tractors, ATVs, trucks, and off-road racing vehicles. Brands want to maintain some mystique as an edge, of course, including befuddling people about it all.

I'll keep using QuadBoss since has become available at local dealerships at decent prices (32 ounces for nearly the price of only 8 ounces of Ride-On!) since I started using it a couple years ago, when I ordered it from an online motorcycle store."

The messy one I've personally run across is SLIME, other than the spray can Fix-a-flat stuff that tire shops detest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the brightest white 1156 led bulbs I could find for the front turn signals. Hopefully they will meet my expectations.

My experience with tailights taught me to use the color LED that matches the lens color. In the case of tail lights, white LEDs have very little red content in the spectrum, so the resulting light output looks pink through the red lens.

I wondered why you chose white LEDs instead of amber, but I've not tried white behind an amber lens. I'd be curious as to how the light color turns out.

It's no more messy than Ride-On. From http://nc700-forum.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/12041-ride-re-balance-tire.html#post172740

"One of the main ingredients of most tire sealants both regional and nationally marketed, is ethylene glycol. That's the main ingredient of anti-freeze ; }

This seems to be the base/carrier ingredient for lots of commercial brands. There are more than you'd think, more than just Ride-On and QuadBoss. Some of them mainly have regional status, some of them like Monster Seal are accepted and successful in other markets but not too known yet in MC circles. There is more in common than not between bicycles, motorcycles, lawn tractors, ATVs, trucks, and off-road racing vehicles. Brands want to maintain some mystique as an edge, of course, including befuddling people about it all.

I'll keep using QuadBoss since has become available at local dealerships at decent prices (32 ounces for nearly the price of only 8 ounces of Ride-On!) since I started using it a couple years ago, when I ordered it from an online motorcycle store."

The messy one I've personally run across is SLIME, other than the spray can Fix-a-flat stuff that tire shops detest.

Thank you. I have used slime once in the past and that is what got me trying to find something new. I do like that ride on solidifys a little. (My mechanic likes me more now) when I put on my next set of tires I'll certainly look into quad boss tire sealant.

My experience with tailights taught me to use the color LED that matches the lens color. In the case of tail lights, white LEDs have very little red content in the spectrum, so the resulting light output looks pink through the red lens.

I wondered why you chose white LEDs instead of amber, but I've not tried white behind an amber lens. I'd be curious as to how the light color turns out.

I completely agree. Using a different color led than the lens color looks funny. I have switched out my amber lenses for the lightly smoked ones.
IMG_4862.jpg

Thank you. I have used slime once in the past and that is what got me trying to find something new. I do like that ride on solidifys a little. (My mechanic likes me more now) when I put on my next set of tires I'll certainly look into quad boss tire sealant.

The QuadBoss product originated in the ATV market where not too many users of large ATVs could justify the price of a gallon of Ride-On that it takes to fill a set of four large ATV tires. The QuadBoss had to price realistically to stay in the marketplace. Other companies serving this market also had to establish prices that the market would accept...

But besides the huge price gap between it and Ride-On, it seems to be that the larger synthetic fibers as well as suspended particles do the hole filling. Wideo foah widews not named Wodewick:

[video=youtube;jV-kQzM5JeU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-kQzM5JeU[/video]

lob14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The QuadBoss product originated in the ATV market where not too many users of large ATVs could justify the price of a gallon of Ride-On that it takes to fill a set of four large ATV tires. The QuadBoss had to price realistically to stay in the marketplace. Other companies serving this market also had to establish prices that the market would accept...

But besides the huge price gap between it and Ride-On, it seems to be that synthetic fibers as well as suspended particles do the hole filling. Wideo foah widews not named Wodewick:

[video=youtube;jV-kQzM5JeU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-kQzM5JeU[/video

If my memory serves me this will plug a hole twice as big as ride on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back