• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 NC700X for $6500

user_ds

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
My name is Dariusz and I have joined this forum because I have been thinking about getting NC700X or NC750X. Actually I was more interested in CB500X but they are hard to find used, and I would like to avoid buying new from the dealer because I don't know if I will stay committed to riding, or it is just another temporary motorcycle craving. And about the NC700X I like that it should be easier to maintain by myself. I came across this awesome bike on craigslist and wanted to ask your opinion about the price. It has all the additional accessories that might be unnecessary for me except the center stand. What do you think about the asking price of $6500 ? It seems a bit too high, even if the bike is in such excellent conditions. I appreciate any opinion.
Thank you.
Here is a link to the bike for sale.

Although the miles are low, that is a 9 year old motorcycle. I think it is overpriced. If the accessories are exactly what you want, they may be of value. But If you don’t need or want them, they may be just uselessly driving up the price.

The tires appear to be the originals. That particular tire, nicknamed Cheesemax, for Trail Max, has very short tread life, so replacement tires need to be factored in soon. There is no mention of battery age, so check on that. That a chain brush is mentioned scares me. Chain brushes are a great way to quickly ruin a chain.

I don’t recall the new price for 2015 models. I know I paid $6500 for my 2012 model, brand new. The 2015 is a great, reliable NC, like all of them. If you want it, get it, but only you can decide if it’s the right price.

Welcome to the forum!

I was also going to say high, but if you like the cases they're probably $1500 new and could add value.

If you're just looking for a bike to ride and not 'tour', find one in good shape without accessories. Should be in the $4000-5000 range. There are a bunch around here for about $4500 with accessories and plenty under $4000 with a little over 10,000mi.

Thank you so much for responding to my post and all your opinions. Yeah, I’m looking for a bike to ride, not yet to tour. So all those accessories, although they are very nice and I do like them, might be unnecessary. Maybe I will ask the seller if he would be willing to sell the bike without the cases and the chain killer brush :) There is another NC700X locally for sale 2014 with 1200 miles. The bike has no accessories at all and the owner is asking $6000 and he emailed me that he could sell it for $4800. But the bike has been sitting in the garage the last 3 years, and he just replaced the battery, so it has the original 12 year old tires.

Last edited:
I think that price seems high. A couple of years ago, I paid $6200 for my 2018 NC750X with ~7000 miles, tall screen, handgrip windguards, centerstand, and rear rack.

I see other 2014-2015 bikes around Chicago for $4500-5000. https://www.cycletrader.com/2014-2016-Honda/motorcycles-for-sale?keyword=nc750x&make=Honda|2316874&year=2014:2016&zip=60654&radius=150&sort=relevance:desc

-Jim G
Thank you Jim,

So maybe the other 2014 with 1200 miles that has been sitting the last three years in the garage for $4800 would be a better option ?
Here is a link to that add

Back