• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics to prove it, but since I'm on leave this week and the wife was off getting her hair done I figured it was a perfect opportunity to go explore and finds twisty back roads I've never been on before. So, I hopped on the NC and did 150 miles of random roads I came across. Really gonna miss Southern Indiana when I have to transfer. Just so many amazing rides to nowhere!

Treated myself to a ride and found this .
3uhe4u7a.jpg
and then this
ybu6a5un.jpg

Went to store and got my first pair of riding boots.just wore higtops before.a lady I work with was showing me pics of her sons resent crash,no helmet or boots.he got messed up good but will recover .one of his shoes flew off his keys got bent and head and arm look bad.its been heavy in my head,so I canceled a riding trip and got the boots.been thinking about padded Kevlar jeans next.on a side note,a box of boots won't fit in the frunk.

next.on a side note,a box of boots won't fit in the frunk.

Should have been a box of high tops and the new boots on the feet for ride home. I keep some ROX straps in my frunk so I can tie something on back seat when needed like a 50# bag of dog food.

One comment on boots. I highly recommend hard protection around the ankle. I had a low speed off in a gravel parking lot wearing slip on cowboy style steel toed work boots. Thin leather over ankle did not protect from impact and I couldn't walk for a week. Was lucky nothing broken. Lots of motorcycle boots have no more ankle protection than my work boots.

I agree.these are actually tactical high boots,they are very nice.I also keep straps in bike,had box straped to the back. I wasn't sure if I could get them under the shift lever but no problems.

Did I miss it or did you not mention which boots you got. I've been wearing my tactical boots also since they are waterproof and have a side zipper. I would like to get a pair of actual riding boots that don't look too weird when I am off the bike. I dress pretty conservatively and a I don't want to look like I just stepped off the stage of a KISS concert. You have convinced me that I need ankle protection.

I am looking at the daytona boots but not sure if I can swing that cost.

Very short shakeout ride to make sure all ok after yesterdays ride thru Wagner's Goterdammerung, wind, lightning, rain storm. 60 mph crosswinds on I-10, 2" of water, sand, dirt, rock, going thru Tucson mountains. Bike never missed a beat.

Got out early this morning and ran to get some breakfast about 100 miles away. Got a good 250 miles or so in before it got too hot. Purposefully rode conservatively, and removed my Givi luggage just to see what kind of MPG I could manage. 79.7 MPG, not bad. I've gotten as high as 82.5 on that same loop, I think the gusty South wind didn't do me any favors even though I was travelling predominately East/West.

14757948334_035bc849e9_b.jpg

trey

I road tested my new V46 top box. I went to the vegetable stand and put the shopping bags in the box instead of trying to fit it into the frunk like I used to do. When I got home I just unhooked the box and carried it by the handle into the house to unpack. I couldn't even tell it was back there until I kicked it while dismounting.

I just got back from a four day 1653 mile ride. Lots of fun roads and a visit to Sturgis on the Friday before the actual event. The place was packed, seven city blocks full of thousands of almost awesome bikes. Only saw one NC700 though, it was mine! For the first time I did a lot of interstate riding. The bike did fine but with posted speed limits of 75 and even 80, my gas milage tanked... 76.1 no more.

Great place to visit

Stopped by Craters of the Moon on my way to work. View attachment 19472

My sister and brother in law have a place in Ketchum, and last year on our way for a visit, we stopped at the Craters to have a look. It's an amazing place. I also understood that the Moon mission astronauts did some training there for their adventure. Really a desolate, dry and unforgiving place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back