• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from a little holiday trip (3k miles +/-) and I am amazed to discover I got 84 MPG*** on one of the tank distances! :eek:

I was loaded up with at least 100 lbs of camping gear (inc. the panniers etc.) and thought for sure my new top box would create economy sucking wind resistance. Granted, most of the other fill up numbers were nothing to brag about here in the NC700 community lol, but even with full throttle fantastic twisty roads, I cannot complain in the slightest about how little fuel was used during the trip! :D

Canmore Alberta to Revelstoke British Columbia 311 km's (193 miles) and it only took something like 8.67 litres (2.29 US gal)

My buddy with a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere and premium fuel $ was hurting at every gas stop, and casting scowls my way. lol :eek:

Canmore to Revelstoke.jpg

I didn't take many pictures, but might add a few up, after work. I am also finally able to report that my hideously expensive Nitron rear shock, and lazy man's Ricor valve install was sooooo awesome to ride in long dirt/gravel/washboard/pot hole etc., conditions!!! I am ecstatic with how the suspension performed! :) :cool:

Wait, there was one little not so great thing thing I forgot to mention- Cranking the preload up on both forks and shock made the bike taller enough to be vewy vewy tippy on the sidestand, even with the extra weight on board! As in, it could easily fall over on the kickstand side, by itself. I was nearly sent tumbling to my doom down a bottomless gorge, when caught by surprise getting off the bike for a picture, lol :rolleyes:

South Central BC
DSCF1645.jpg

Unknown river in Alberta
DSCF1669.jpg

Campsite back in civilization
DSCF1689.jpg

Echo Lake BC
DSCF1687.jpg

Drumheller Alberta. Couldn't fit the tail in, motorhome would have obscured it. And being that far back I don't think bike would have shown up, lol *squint*
DSCF1684.jpg

All this riding business is thirsty work. Tea time!
DSCF1672.jpg

:)

***Please don't harsh my buzz, you pesky scrutineers of dead nuts accuracy. :p No, that's not GPS certified and calibrated NASA speedo approved kind of note taking, simply what I'm reading off my odometer. [...fingers in ears lalalalalalala 84 mpg I can't hear you...] hee hee

Last edited:
My favorite picture is the one with where your kicked back sitting there at the stream. I can only imagine how peaceful that was. Looks like you had a cup of coffee or tea too. What a great way to wake up in the morning. I was an infantryman in the army for 20 years. Spent a lot of time sleeping in the woods. I used to go out of my way to find sites like this and set up camp. Looks like you had a great time.

My favorite picture is the one with where your kicked back sitting there at the stream. I can only imagine how peaceful that was. Looks like you had a cup of coffee or tea too. What a great way to wake up in the morning. I was an infantryman in the army for 20 years. Spent a lot of time sleeping in the woods. I used to go out of my way to find sites like this and set up camp. Looks like you had a great time.

Thank you sir, yes indeed I definitely needed some quiet away time, and this little trip hit the spot.

In the picture is my little 400ml ti cup/ti alcohol stove/lighter/3.5 oz methyl hydrate alcohol supply/tea/coffee/sugar/whitener/foil windguard that I carry in the frunk permanently, along with either a bottle of water or a hydropack bladder. I can stop anywhere, anytime, and have some water boiling in couple of minutes for a beverage and be on my way with minimal fuss, or just sit and chill. :)

Everything fits self contained inside the cup :D

Tea004.jpg

Took a ride through the Sierras with a lunch stop at South Lake Tahoe, this is a stop for a break along Hwy88.
Mine is still the only NC I've seen in the real world.

HWY88_Break.jpg

Well, not that *I* did anything with my NC, and not that it was *today*.
Yesterday, took the g\f to a local kids ballpark and let her go for a first ride on the NC - AAMOF, first time on a bike in years.

First, I asked her to stay on the grassy portion to get the feel of using the gas \ clutch \ brakes. Then she moved on to the "driveway" up to the main neighborhood street. When we got back to the house, she road around the block 2-3 times, up to 30 mph.

[video=youtube_share;9fj7WoF5Jcc]http://youtu.be/9fj7WoF5Jcc[/video]

Well, not that *I* did anything with my NC, and not that it was *today*.
Yesterday, took the g\f to a local kids ballpark and let her go for a first ride on the NC - AAMOF, first time on a bike in years.

First, I asked her to stay on the grassy portion to get the feel of using the gas \ clutch \ brakes. Then she moved on to the "driveway" up to the main neighborhood street. When we got back to the house, she road around the block 2-3 times, up to 30 mph.

[video=youtube_share;9fj7WoF5Jcc]http://youtu.be/9fj7WoF5Jcc[/video]

ya girl friend looks very happy and excited to ride your bike. good on her ,now you will have to buy her one;)
its always nice to see a smiling face

First full day ride since June. Back roads from Georgia through northeast Alabama into Tennessee to spend the weekend with my three week old grandson.

This is an overlook of the Tennessee River near Scottsboro, Alabama.
Tennessee River Overlook.jpg

First full day ride since June. Back roads from Georgia through northeast Alabama into Tennessee to spend the weekend with my three week old grandson.

This is an overlook of the Tennessee River near Scottsboro, Alabama.

Glad your back in the saddle. That had to suck. I've not drive a car to work but twice since March. Can't imagine going a couple months without riding. Nice photo. Thanks for posting.

Took mine and a friends bikes to my studio to shoot them. This was my 1st attempt at photographing a motorcycle. i think it needs more work this is just a quick edit. but overall Im happy with it.
Sorry its a low res compressed file.

View attachment 19987

Attachments

• Facebook_Bike.jpg
    Facebook_Bike.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back