• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple days late getting this up, but Saturday was the Park 'n' Ride Rally. Did just over 150 miles, made 5200ish points (about 1/2 the points of the winner), saw some new stuff, including a very nice ocean overlook in Ventura. Would post up pics, but they're embarrassingly awful. Threw my hat in to help with the next one, apparently they're contemplating not holding it again for lack of volunteers.
My dad used a route I sent him and got 4th place :D

A couple days late getting this up, but Saturday was the Park 'n' Ride Rally. Did just over 150 miles, made 5200ish points (about 1/2 the points of the winner), saw some new stuff, including a very nice ocean overlook in Ventura. Would post up pics, but they're embarrassingly awful. Threw my hat in to help with the next one, apparently they're contemplating not holding it again for lack of volunteers.
My dad used a route I sent him and got 4th place :D

Glad to see you are riding again. Volunteers are hard to find for just about any such ride. Hope you had a good time.

Took my first trip on MyNCX to Big Brutus!

Nice short ride to practice and get used to the bike.

belrix

Attachments

• MyNCX-BigBrutus.jpg
    MyNCX-BigBrutus.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 229
The weather has been so nice here in Central Texas I left early in the morning yesterday and rode about 450 miles and hit the 'twisted sisters' and some of my other favorite Hill Country roads in the area. What a nice day it was!

15380790818_8216aa8519_b.jpg

trey

I met itlives and a friend of his for breakfast. Itlives and I then rode up to his campsite in Oklahoma. It was nice to meet someone from the forum and I had a nice 270 mile round trip ride too.

One pic is as we were getting ready to leave from breakfast (man that sun was bright). The other is Itlives and our bikes way in the background on top of Poteau Mtn.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413759603099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413759603099.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 218
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413759734060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413759734060.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 265
Packed up today and forced myself to go home after spending the last 6 days riding and camping on the Ozarks

WP_20141019_002.jpg

Camped at Long Pool, rode over and camped at White Rock Mnt with an incredible sunset, went back to Long Pool to ride with a guy I met from Mississippi on a KLR, told great tells around the camp fire with a dude on a KLX250 from Florida, went on a group ride Saturday, and packed up today. Hopefully some pics and video to come.

Took a short ride just to celebrate the second anniversary of getting my motorcycle endorsement.

During my trip last week I went on a group ride on Saturday and upon seeing some red clay it made me miss Alabama so I had to wallow in it.

[video=youtube_share;2kCqn4XgRbw]http://youtu.be/2kCqn4XgRbw[/video]

I rode through some similar red clay/mud on my Yamaha DT250 when I was stationed in Guam back in the mid-70's. "Slicker than snot" - no kidding. We only had a small (6 foot) ridge to climb to get out of the jungle after a small rain storm, and none of us (a 125, my 250, and and RT360) could manage it. We ended up dragging the bikes through the bushes just to have something to get a foothold on. Wallowing in the mud was FUN! (NOT) :)

So what tires will you try next for staying upright on that slicker than snot wet red stiff. ��

Going to get a new TKC80 for the front. Thinking Kenda Big block for the rear. The Pirelli Scorpion Rally on the rear is good in the mud, figure it would also be good in sand, but slides a lot on gravel. It also howls like a Gumbo Mudder on the pavement. For the red clay I’m going to slow down and paddle through it next time. :rolleyes:

Going to get a new TKC80 for the front. Thinking Kenda Big block for the rear. The Pirelli Scorpion Rally on the rear is good in the mud, figure it would also be good in sand, but slides a lot on gravel. It also howls like a Gumbo Mudder on the pavement. For the red clay I’m going to slow down and paddle through it next time. :rolleyes:

I'm losing track of who had what tires and what combos split between front/rear... Did you ever have a rear TKC80? If so, what kind of mileage did you get out of it?

I have about 8,000 miles on mine give or take, and it's still got a wee bit of life left, but it's at the point where I'm trying to decide whether or not I should put the new TKC sitting in my living room on over the winter, fresh for next year, or wait until the thing is truly shagged before swapping out, lol.

I'm losing track of who had what tires and what combos split between front/rear... Did you ever have a rear TKC80? If so, what kind of mileage did you get out of it?

I have about 8,000 miles on mine give or take, and it's still got a wee bit of life left, but it's at the point where I'm trying to decide whether or not I should put the new TKC sitting in my living room on over the winter, fresh for next year, or wait until the thing is truly shagged before swapping out, lol.

I've had the Full Bore/Shinko 705s. When I bought a second set of rims they came with 3/4 worn TKC80 front Scorpion Rally rear. Since I can swap between the 2 sets I can't keep up with miles I put on them anymore. Well I could but too much effort for me. :) Kept reading about TKC80 rear having short life and everyone seems to like the Big Block so I had made my mind up to go with them but with you getting 8k miles now I'm back to wondering. Guy on the ride had Mitas E07 Dakar rear on a BMW F800 and he liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back