• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Preparing NC before Trip to Le Mans

Solent biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the NC for 4 months now and done a fraction over 3000 miles on her.

We are due to go to Le Mans MotoGP next month and i've been weighing up if i'm to need new tyres for the trip. I am really not impressed with the lack of tread left when i have done so few miles on them. I know some haven't even got that far. The label on the swingarm suggests Scorpions but a biker friend has spoken to a man in the know and expressed his professional opinion to go for PR3's. I have used these on previous bikes and got well over 10k miles. I still have 1.5 -2.0mm left though and i still have some commuting to do. I do like to get my moneys' worth.

On a different note, i put the Honda touring screen on this week to get used to the different experience before we embark. I'm not overly impressed at the moment as i feel it is noisier from the wind. I try standing on the pegs to see if the wind noise is any different. It's a lot quieter. I'm thinking of putting the original back on. Anyone else had this effect?

Sorry, man. I've got nothing on the windscreen.

How far is your trip? If you think your tires will make it, I'd just ride on and worry about them later. Or, you can swap them out before your trip and save the ones currently on there for a day when you might need tires but don't want to spend the money. It's always fun to buy new things, but it's also a waste to throw away tires with life still in them. Your call.

I'm sure you know, but I would give the new tires a few days worth of riding before taking them on a trip. Rough up the edges a little.

I have lowered my stock windscreen and it's much better. To have any better you'd need to get really big screen...
I suggest earplugs.

Earplugs are pretty much essential anyway. I'm not sure about reducing the height of the screen although there is an adjustable flippy thing that you can add to the top to increase the aid of wind flow but i'm not convinced this would do the trick either.

Cheers Agent. The trip isn't too far, probably 400 miles minimum but i just love to ride the NC and a few day trips will be sought while we're there. Possibly 1000 miles max. I have a couple of weeks anyway and if i get the new tyres before it will be another excuse to go out on the bike to 'scrub' em in, not that i need an excuse anyway. :)

Fabulous ride to Le Mans even if it was in torrential rain going there and a hail storm coming back but the racing was awesome and the NC even better.
I ended up changing the tyres to PR3's before the trip and they are sooooooooo much better than the OE tyres.
'twas the first time abroad in a while on a bike and the first on this bike. So looking forward to the next trip wherever it may be.

I've had the NC for 4 months now and done a fraction over 3000 miles on her.

We are due to go to Le Mans MotoGP next month and i've been weighing up if i'm to need new tyres for the trip. I am really not impressed with the lack of tread left when i have done so few miles on them. I know some haven't even got that far. The label on the swingarm suggests Scorpions but a biker friend has spoken to a man in the know and expressed his professional opinion to go for PR3's. I have used these on previous bikes and got well over 10k miles. I still have 1.5 -2.0mm left though and i still have some commuting to do. I do like to get my moneys' worth.

On a different note, i put the Honda touring screen on this week to get used to the different experience before we embark. I'm not overly impressed at the moment as i feel it is noisier from the wind. I try standing on the pegs to see if the wind noise is any different. It's a lot quieter. I'm thinking of putting the original back on. Anyone else had this effect?

I have the same touring screen with an extra spoiler added to it from Puig, hasn't changed much. I know your pain. I'll soon try out the MRA sollution. Also with adjustable spoiler.

I have had the MSA with deflector screen on since May of 2013. I consider it more of a deflective screen than protective from elements. I cannot stand any screen that impairs my vision of the road ahead and the MSA does the job perfectly. My mileage in high altitude Albuquerque is in the low 80's with the OEM tires at the end of their road. I will be running Shinko 705's and expect the mileage to go down, but the MSA will be there regardless.

IMG_1010.jpg

I had the same experience with the honda touring screen. It made it so all that air was hitting me right at eye level. It was hitting the helmet so hard it would give me a headache after a half hour or so. I've heard adding the windscreen spoiler can help. I switched back to the stock screen until I actually by the spoiler. I generally don't mind being exposed in the air except when I'm up at freeway speeds for a while.

I have the same touring screen with an extra spoiler added to it from Puig, hasn't changed much. I know your pain. I'll soon try out the MRA sollution. Also with adjustable spoiler.

Thanks for that info, i was going to go down the route of the spoiler add-on but that's saved me a bit of dough. I guess my bike will stay as standard in that respect.

Back