• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Initial Service cost

I was charged 250chf (almost 1chf-to-1USD). In my honest opinion, this is only for that "stamp" from an authorised dealer to keep your warranty intact, or your logbook "pretty and clean". They only changed the oil, the oil filter, everything else should still be brand new. They did however, check my cables (freeplay etc) and oil the chain. Oil and oil filter should cost well under 100chf (in the US this should be even half). If you want to save some money, buy a oil drip pan and oil-filter wrench and do the first oil change yourself. I only went back for the above 2 reasons and also to keep my DEAR Honda garage alive. Business is bad, times are bad.:D ~Joe

I was told $300.00 for the first service from the dealer I got mine from. The salesman told me they needed to check the valve adjustment at 600 miles.
Evidently they didn't read the manual! I told him I can take care of most of it and also work with a certified Honda mechanic. He said no problem, just check the valve adjustment!

Valve adjustments at first service? Please pay only after 24000km for valve clearance check and adjustments. Quote that bandit salesman! Wow...what a crock! (3 men and a baby). :p

Like most of the time the buyers know more than the people selling the product. That really is a shame you know.
Seems like more and more people just don't take pride in there work huh?

We cannot blame the sellers also. Because we "target" one bike, and learn all we can. While the poor chap has to memorise the details for 20 bikes in the shop, etc. But pulling a fast one about valve clearance check, is just so juvenile. He must think this is your first moto. At least he tried. :p

Well the first salesman at my favorite dealer didn't know the answers either. He told me that they weren't getting any NC's in this year, so I bought from a different dealer.
I later found out they were in fact getting two in. I told the manager that I purchased from a different dealer based on what his salesman told me.
He apologized for the wrong information. He lost the sale. When I called yesterday for a service quote, the answering machine said they are now closed.
That sucks because they were a decent dealer. If any salesman/dealers read this, do your homework! It hurts the customers and your business when you don't!

Hi Turbo, "Closed" as in closed for good? Then the salesman did you a favor indirectly. In any case, nowadays business is bad and therefore it is really up to oneself to be prudent when choosing a shop for buying things. Thanks for the tip.

Hi Turbo, "Closed" as in closed for good? Then the salesman did you a favor indirectly. In any case, nowadays business is bad and therefore it is really up to oneself to be prudent when choosing a shop for buying things. Thanks for the tip.

They opened up again with a new owner just days after closing, so there must have been a deal going on.

all I had to pay for the 1st service was the cost of the oil & filter

That's the same I'm paying for the first service! I am going to order a Honda service manual though.

$60.00 US. for the first service from the dealer that I bought the bike from and the dealer 20 miles from me said they would match the price.

I think every market gives different freebies and first service is usually free. In my case, it was not, but I am not complaining, coz I think I got already a good deal from this shop.
For those who got free first service, continue to support your dealer!
:D

Yeah, I was too embarrassed to ask, after that 1000chf freebies (box and tourshield).
If I'd asked, then I'd be on his black customer list....

I do respect and comprehend that businesses need some profit though...
:p

Back