• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Your fantasy ride?

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Saw this thread on another forum and it resulted in some interesting and/or amusing posts. If you cold have a fantasy ride without the boring constraints of time & money what would it be.
Please name
1)Bike
2) location/Route
3) Pillion or riding partner
Plus possibly your reasons. The ride can be either current or in the past.
My current trip would be on a GL1800 through the Scottish Highlands with Katharine Jenkins as my pillion.
My ride in the past would be on a BMW R90/S around the North Antrim coast & NW200 circuit with marina Siritis back in her Star Trek days. the reason being that every time we stopped for coffee we could talk about my favourite football team as she is a massive fan having been born just down the road from the stadium.
I look forward with interest to hearing yours

My list will be very strange...

Time: 1979
Bike: 1979 Honda NR500
Other person on another NR500: Freddy Spencer

Time: 1985
Bike: 1985 Yamaha V-Max
Other person on another bike: Eddie Lawson

Time: 1984
Bike: 1984 Honda V65 Magna
Passenger: Samantha Fox

*EDIT*

As if the Space/Time continuum wasn't being diddled enough already, for the 1979 trip, I'd actually want to be a few years older than I was at the time (16) so I could appreciate things better, and have a bit more skill under my belt, to say the least, lol!

Last edited:
Most fond memories of my late father were around motorcycles or hunting/guns. I remember, being about 7 or 8, riding around town with dad, sitting between dad and the gas tank (CB125) in the early 80s. Rides in warm summer evening with smell of vegetation would remind me of those days. I never had the chance to ride alongside him. He passed in my mid 20s, before long before I got back into riding.

1) My Ducati S2R1000
2) North Cascade HWY
3) late father on his BMW R100GS

Last edited:
now you've done it Rocker!!
this is my fantasy ride;)
article-2203130-15026F2D000005DC-230_634x870.jpg

I think I'd like to trace the (fictional) path William Pirsig took in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. As I recall he went through Bozeman Montana and other North American remote towns.

1. Ride = NC700x
2. Route = Wyoming and thereabouts
3. Partner = my beloved wife of 30 years

I think I'd like to trace the (fictional) path William Pirsig took in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. As I recall he went through Bozeman Montana and other North American remote towns.

1. Ride = NC700x
2. Route = Wyoming and thereabouts
3. Partner = my beloved wife of 30 years

Good one! :cool:

I was going to say the Arctic circle with my two boy's, all on NCX's. But I change my mind and am going with johnakay on this one.

Pretty much what Ted Simon did. That would be my dream ride.....I think the NC would very well suited for the trip with a few modifications of course.
Mike

Bike: my NCX
Ride: 50 states in 25 weeks - we'll rent bikes in HI when we finish the ride there.
Companions: my son and brothers

If my wonderful girlfriend of the last 25 years were able to ride, my dream would be to get a DCT for her, and for us to just ride all over Texas for the next year, then expand to the rest of the U.S.

Riding around Europe for a couple of years on a pilgrimage to sacred sites.
That would be a real blessing for me.

Orthodox Cathedral, Sibiu, Romania.

hdr-final.jpg

Photo by Armand Niculescu.

I was going to say the Arctic circle with my two boy's, all on NCX's. But I change my mind and am going with johnakay on this one.

When it gets down to it, My fantasy ride would be with my two sons all on NCX's to the Arctic circle. Camping, living the dream. Beautiful women don't stand a chance against my boys. I still have a lot to teach them and time is running out.

Bike..My 1982 GS850 sidecar rig.
Where..RTW
When..RIGHT NOW
Partner..Me,Myself and I..
I have been planning/dreaming of a Round The World solo trip for 20+ years and built my sidecar rig last year for this trip but I havn't figured out the $$$ issue !!.
nuvu2use.jpg

e8y9yhus.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those screens are sick. One of a kind. :cool:

About the $$. Trying to think a little outside of the box here.
Have you considered contacting motorcycle magazines/websites
about selling your story while it's in progress around the world?
Travel magazines/websites might be another target venue.

Or a kickstarter campaign.
Publish a projected route map and offer contributors a ride in your hack
as you complete your trip around the world. They get to be part of
the adventure for awhile. Just a few ideas off the top of my
deranged head. Hth and good luck with your dream. Via con Dios.

I hand formed those screens over a 4x4 post thats holding up my car port.
I have talked to Suzuki,Cycle World and 2 friends of mine that are in the publishing biz.
I found out that most trips like this are self published and then sold on places like amazon.com.
If you go over to ADVrider and look up the thread..The 12x12 build. You can see the whole 2 year process of building this hack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's a cultural thing but the replies on here are far more serious than those on the forum that I got the idea from . On there they really got into the fantasy thing listing famous people as their partners most of the time. I find this difference quite interesting.
Good to read the family things and I can fully understand it but to be quite honest I found the other forum's posts more amusing. I guess it's a difference in sense of humour between Americans and the British

Back