• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yet to see an NC on the road.

I have had mine since April and have only seen ONE, belonging to Stratuner when we met up for lunch.
Having said that though, I must admit that they look so much like so many other bikes out there, I probably didn't recognize the others that were probably there.

I've seen one, a bike with a New Hampshire plate on it, parked with a group of bikes in a nearby town. I looked for the owner but couldn't find them. I saw two CTX700 DCT's last summer in two different places. Both riders were moving up from much smaller scooters and both loved the ride.

I've owned mine for pushing on two years now and have yet to see another on the road. Obviously I've seen them at various dealerships but not in the wild. I know they must be out there as the ones I see at the dealerships often aren't there the next time I visit. I guess the average local owner just parks it in a garage and never rides it. :(

I agree that it's odd that a bike that is a top seller in Europe and from the sounds of it a strong seller in Canada as well is such a rarity here in the US. But, I suppose it's not odd as riders here in the US, for the most part, are posers. Much more concerned with the image they are buying than the bike. Sorry if that sounds close minded but you see it with the Harley owners, the sport bike riders, the Supermoto crews and now even a lot of the newer BMW GS owners. That's one of the things I love the most about owning an NC. By the nature of the bike the owners (based on what I see on here) are logical, responsible and generally older and thus more mature. Most importantly though, you don't see many NC owners worried about the image they present.

I've owned mine for pushing on two years now and have yet to see another on the road. Obviously I've seen them at various dealerships but not in the wild. I know they must be out there as the ones I see at the dealerships often aren't there the next time I visit. I guess the average local owner just parks it in a garage and never rides it. :(

Snipped .

The dealer I bought my bike from said at the time I picked it up that mine was the seventh or eighth NC they hold sold this year.

I agree that it's odd that a bike that is a top seller in Europe and from the sounds of it a strong seller in Canada as well is such a rarity here in the US. But, I suppose it's not odd as riders here in the US, for the most part, are posers. Much more concerned with the image they are buying than the bike. Sorry if that sounds close minded but you see it with the Harley owners, the sport bike riders, the Supermoto crews and now even a lot of the newer BMW GS owners. That's one of the things I love the most about owning an NC. By the nature of the bike the owners (based on what I see on here) are logical, responsible and generally older and thus more mature. Most importantly though, you don't see many NC owners worried about the image they present.
Vodapas-I didn't see your bike any this past summer around Bloomington either, and I rode thru/around/in the Bloomington area about every other weekend this past summer, I guess you don't ride much :) just kidding....
While I was with the Louisville adv group this past Sunday, not a one of them checked out my little bike-they were all checking out each other's Super Teneres. That is ok, they were complaining more about the bad chip and seal IN62 road we had ridden and slipping on the wet pavement than I did :eek:

Vodapas-I didn't see your bike any this past summer around Bloomington either, and I rode thru/around/in the Bloomington area about every other weekend this past summer, I guess you don't ride much :) just kidding....

Burn! You got me. Seriously though, you're right. I've got no room to throw stones as I did a horrible job of taking advantage of the warm weather when we had it. Mostly just took the Ninja out for short rides and let my NC sit around and be lazy. :O

Back