• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

X to circle and beyond !!!

Had a awsome ride today,559km of amazing country.We saw lots of bears,carribo,bison and mountain sheep.We got our first taste of high speed gravel riding.About 100km of gravel with speeds of up 100kph and the tires worked AWSOME !!.
ha3e8enu.jpg

uvypady7.jpg

9ybeqa3e.jpg

hybeqana.jpg

e8y5utan.jpg

ubyza6az.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yaaaaa !!.
Also it never really gets dark up here.!!.hehe.
2:30am and there was still some blue sky out !!.

We made it to ALASKA !!!.
Rode from Watson Lake to Haines Junction yesterday ( 625km ).Then today we rode from Haines Junction to Tok Alaska,about 490km.Lots of muddy gravel today but atleast it was kinda smooth.The rest of todays ride was over the roughest road I have ever bern on.400km of frost heves,and holes as big as my front wheel!!.Whole pieces of the road were gone,and dips that if hit at the speed limit ( 90kph ) they would break your bike in half
Great ride,felt like we were over 2,000 miles from home doing something that I never thought I would do!!!.
pujymava.jpg

amaqubez.jpg

uzevu6ur.jpg

ere2egun.jpg

eqese4av.jpg

2u2aqe9y.jpg

y2udyva5.jpg

Road up there in 1986 driving a Dodge van carrying 7 other family members. Lived 70 miles from mile zero which made it easier to get to start. Sure wish I could get enough time off to do it on an NC. Maybe in a few years when my wife lets me retire.

Road was more than half gravel back then and the gravel was smoother than the pot holed pavement. Thought they had it all paved now.

Thanks for sharing the great pics. Stay safe and soak it all in. Way to pull the trigger on what looks to be an epic adventure!!

It is EPIC thats for sure !!
Here's a few tips for anybody considering this trip...

If you care at all about your riding gear/boots do not use it up here !!.We both have cheap pull over rain pants to go over our good riding pants and we bought some ECONIMICAL riding boots just for this trip.
juzene9u.jpg

If you are the kind of person that fusses over every inch of your bike and wants it spotless,TAKE ANOTHER BIKE !!.Your bike will probably never be the same after this trip.Between the bugs that dry like glue,the rocks that are thrown at you from passing trucks and the endless miles of gravel/mud.
e6ere7u5.jpg

y5etabaz.jpg

zy3ara9e.jpg

nypene9u.jpg

OBEY THE SIGNS !!
The one thing that Canada does right is warn you about things.
If it says rough road you better SLOW DOWN because they mean it !!.Not once in a 1,000 miles did I see a sign that wasn't true !!!.

BRING LOTS OF MONEY !!!

Last edited:
Nice update & really enjoy the pics...who doesn't like gettin dirty!!! Is your rear tire flattening out already or was it like that new?

Keep on keepin' on!!!! You're doing something that many have thought about doing, but never do.
Spectacular views, memories, and more are yours to have from a voyage like this! -And we get to
tag along too.

Today we are off to Fairbanks and a stop at a famous bar in North Pole AK called " Skinny Dicks Halfway Inn "..

Back