• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

X to circle and beyond !!!

Stay safe, and if you happen to run in to some wolfs, chasing you, by all means don't stop for picture, we'll take your word for it :)

NWrider... I'll just join the chorus and wish you a safe and joyfull ride!

Waiting for some photos from your adventure... One thing is just cruising in "the hood"... Alaska (especially Arctic Circle) trip is something completely different! :cool:

Well we made it to Cache Creek BC today,just over 300 miles.It was NON STOP HEAVY RAIN for 280 of those miles.Stayed dry ( thank you AEROSTITCH ) except fir our feet.The TKC/K60 combs did good in standing water at 100kph !!.tomorrow we head to Prince George.
me6u8u9e.jpg

ase3e8a5.jpg

dezapyqy.jpg

yhazy3e8.jpg

zysezadu.jpg

uby5etu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we made it to Prince George BUT not without some issue's.My wifes bike ( GS500 ) kept starving for fuel and dying in the middle of nowhere.Made a call to the old owner ( a GS guru ) and we got going and made it 250 miles.Then a mystery oil leak on her bike started,and it's pretty bad so I will tend to that later.The X ran great !!.
e2a5a8y9.jpg

y7ypybyt.jpg

8uhu8ubu.jpg

4yvydypy.jpg

ry6uve8e.jpg

All I keep hearing about Canad is flooding... roads and bridges washed out... I hope you don't run into any of that! Hopefully your riding in a different part of the country!
smiley perspire.jpg

Yup,we are about a 1,000 km west of there.But our first day we rode thru that storm on it's way to Alberta and it was NASTY !!.
here's a pic of me try to figure out my wifes bike.
ru9e3u6u.jpg

I just realized I have the same two bikes sitting in my carport!
Never thought of putting those tires on my gs!
Mine was originally purple too!
Have fun on your trip!
You made it to Prince George before all of the flooding in the south!

I just did a lot of research about Alaska rain in each month. May AND June are the least Rain. July and August are the worst. Mr. Murphy has a way of just staying around.
I moved my trip up two weeks because of this weather pattern. It's got to be the weatherman's fault. Today, I came across Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona praying for rain. HOT could not describe the heat. I had on so much sun tan cream on that it was flying off of me and getting on the bags.

Like that heat ain't bad enough. No Mr. Murphy sends in his unbelievable reinforcements, dust storms. You can't even see the taillights of the car in front of you. Traffic going the other direction all have their lights on, you can't see them. If you stop, the guy behind you runs over you, if you keep going you run into the guy in front of you. Every place on your body and the bike are covered in sand. Your not breathing right, but neither is the bike. Your both spiting and coughing. And that stuff that use to be suntan cream, that which is on your body is now sandpaper. And now after hearing your current problems, I have full confidence that Mr. Murphy intends to wash out the roads and bridges in Alaska with me on them.

Love your pictures.

Does anyone have a Mr. Murphy VooDoo Doll?

Last edited:
Well we sat in Windy Point BC fixing my wifes bike for 3 hours today,got it fixed and hit the road.Rode another 325 km's to Dawson Creek.We are now at MILE 0 of the ALASKAN HIGHWAY !!.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371956144.537658.jpg

I just did a lot of research about Alaska rain in each month. May AND June are the least Rain. July and August are the worst. Mr. Murphy has a way of just staying around.
I moved my trip up two weeks because of this weather pattern. It's got to be the weatherman's fault. Today, I came across Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona praying for rain. HOT could not describe the heat. I had on so much sun tan cream on that it was flying off of me and getting on the bags.

Like that heat ain't bad enough. No Mr. Murphy sends in his unbelievable reinforcements, dust storms. You can't even see the taillights of the car in front of you. Traffic going the other direction all have their lights on, you can't see them. If you stop, the guy behind you runs over you, if you keep going you run into the guy in front of you. Every place on your body and the bike are covered in sand. Your not breathing right, but neither is the bike. Your both spiting and coughing. And that stuff that use to be suntan cream, that which is on your body is now sandpaper. And now after hearing your current problems, I have full confidence that Mr. Murphy intends to wash out the roads and bridges in Alaska with me on them.

Love your pictures.

Does anyone have a Mr. Murphy VooDoo Doll?
You need to realize that "Mr. Murphy" was an OPTIMIST. :(

Heat Wave in Anchorage

You need to realize that "Mr. Murphy" was an OPTIMIST. :(

Forget the rain. If you don't slow down you'll get into the heatwave that is plaguing Anchorage. All the bikinis are out at Goose Lake though, so maybe hurry.

I really like the look of these tyres. But I don't think I will ever need to use one of these. Anyways, nice photos! :cool:

Forget the rain. If you don't slow down you'll get into the heatwave that is plaguing Anchorage. All the bikinis are out at Goose Lake though, so maybe hurry.

We should be in fairbanks in about 5 days.
We started up the Alaskan Highway today.We did about 500km today and tonight we are in Fort Nelson.
u5e7a2u7.jpg

jyhe7asu.jpg

ybuvuba8.jpg

8uvapate.jpg

ryjypuhe.jpg

Last edited:
Back