• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wires from ECM to ignition coils

Thanks I will try that. What do you mean by DVM?
My fault. DVM is common abbreviation for Digital Voltmeter. Sorry I didn’t simply write “voltmeter“. For that matter, you could be using an analog meter, in which case I assumed too much.

If the scenario is actually as you descibe, that you get spark but three seconds late, you might try holding the throttle wide open during the first three seconds of cranking. On many engines this action causes the EFI to deliver no fuel while the throttle is at WOT, which is useful for clearing flooded engines.

Do you know for the sure the update rate on your DVM?
I don't have the information what the update rate is for my multimiter. I use test light to see which wire gets power. The wires I'm looking at Bu/Y and Y/Bu are nor ground wires and they dont have power from battery in them. The only thing I have not yet checked on the diagram is the bank engle sensor. I tried the wide open throttle and it did not work. Engine died on me while I was riding, it happened right when I was coming to a stop. That is one in a million chance engine can stall at such a low speed.

It seems you don't believe what you see. In thread #7 you wrote: "I pulled sparkplugs out and tested the spark. Spark is delayed by 3 seconds".
Delayed or not but the spark was on sparkplugs. Without power "in Bu/Y and Y/Bu wires" there can be no spark. Another thing is whether the spark is of sufficient energy to ignite the fuel mixture. And how to check it is described in the Service Manual. Diagnosing the ignition system requires methodical testing.

Back