• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windshield glare

captdirt

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody figured out how to minimize the glare on the bottom of the MadStad setup besides painting the lower part of the windshield? I searched but didn't find an answer. thanks

Just paint the lower edge with silver paint, then you can hardly tell it's there, but will block the light refraction thru the plexiglass.

I don't have a Madstad yet, but if I were looking to block the light I'd just put 1/4 inch wide pin striping tape on the bottom edge of the shield. If it worked, great. If it didn't, you could just peel it back off.

Bob

I didn't explain it very well before. I'm talking about the reflection of the bikes headlight in the lower windshield. Blinding at night.

Does raising the screen help? If so, consider exchanging your current screen for one a couple inches shorter. That will get it out of the headlight and still be in your proper adjustment range. Madstad is very flexible on such things.

I actually went to a local tint shop and asked them if they had any "wrap material" lying around that I could use as a test piece. You know, the kind with a million little holes in it. I put it right on the inside of the windshield and it worked perfectly. No muss, no fuss. WOrked great.

..."wrap material...

"Wrap material"? Sounds like just what I need for my windshield. Now if I only knew what "wrap material" was.?.?

(Edited to put back in the right square bracket for the quoted material to display correctly.)

Last edited:
I think he is talking about the material they use on the top of car windshields to block the sun. Its got hundreds of holes that allow you to see through it while still blocking most of the sun.

A picture would be good just to make sure I'm thinking of the same thing you got!

Back