• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen adjustor

not sure if it works with other tall screen?

Great question... I wonder how it would do with a bigger screen. If I could get away with a shorter screen for commuting/summer months, but use this device to just raise it 2", that'd be pretty brilliant....

Reminds me of the Madstad 'Robo Brackets' system. I wonder if they've given thought to the NC, don't see anything on their webpage...

trey

I received today the height adjusters and install them.

This is the stock skidmarx windscreen without the adjusters:

o8dutd.jpg

And this pic is with the adjusters installed in the highest position:

28swpbs.jpg

But there is a problem in the highest position especially in the DCT versions.

NC700X Skidmarx + Windscreen Height Adjuster - YouTube

As you can see in the video the steering wheel is hitting the windscreen and, so if you have a skidmarx windscreen BE CAREFUL in DCT versions the handbrake is activating, DO NOT INSTALL THIS IN THE HIGHEST POSITION AND GO FOR A RIDE!

I put the windscreens adjusters in the middle as you can see in the picture below, so the steering wheel is not hitting the windscreen. I didn't test it in high speed yet, i will do that tomorrow.

1z3qft5.jpg

My Bruut windscreen adjusters arrived tonight. Installed them in the highest position and will give them a test tomorrow. Plan on keeping a small hex wrench in the frunk to adjust them on the fly if needed.

One tip to anyone installing them. Before installing the brackets to the bike, use some tape to hold the small lock nuts in place on the brackets. If you try to put the nut into the machined bracket once it is mounted you will have a difficult time. Very easy to have the nut fall into a fairing. And, these lock nuts must be stainless, since they did not stick to my pocket magnet.

Updates or experience from users of these Bruut brackets?

My bike has the stock small windscreen. Non-DCT version.

Last edited:
I like mine a lot. They really seem to tie the mounting points together and make it seem more solid. I've used mine with the Cee Bailey windshield as well as a home made hybrid and it holds everything in place (no nut plates) pretty well. In addition to the extra height, it also pushes the shield forward just a little. This helps with clearance issues that I would otherwise have with my hand guards. Pretty neat little piece of hardware. The tape trick would certainly help. I think I ended up using an allen wrench to guide the nut in place and then spun it with my fingertip. using fingers alone in that small space, probably not gonna happen.

I tested the Bruut adjusters with my stock small windscreen today, but will hold off on judgement until I have some time to try different settings. I am using the stock small Honda windscreen. This weekend should give me some time. Stay tuned....

These adjusters move the windshield out, which should give it more clearance than other windshields. Whiteyez has a screen that comes back pretty far where most other screens are more vertical at that point. I don't think that'll be an issue with most windshields, especially taller ones.

I should also mention that in addition to the adjuster, I also have ROX risers so I've got extra clearance for my hand guards.

I made myself a copy of these Bruudt adjusters and found them to not work for me with my PUIG tall screen. Not enough height and the issue of the very tiny bolt pattern footprint they provide. A really tall screen requires a much larger top to bottom spacing for the screens attachments to eliminate the flexing of the screen at hiway speeds.

Last edited:
Back