• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who's using what for Bar risers?

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Men,
Well, I've only had my new-to-me '18 NC750X DCT for a little over a week now and it's a ton of fun. But, I'm 6' 2 1/2" and around a 34" inseam, plus or minus. The bars are stock and are ever so slightly low for me. It's tollerable but, I'm thinking I'd like to raise them some. I've looked around and found a couple but I have some questions. One, would the risers intended for say, a '21-'22-'23 model, fit and work for an '18 model year? Two, what brand do any or most of you recommend? And three, what's the max height anyone's gone to without changing any cables and or hydraulic lines? I surely appreciate any input here.
Scott

Hey Men,
Well, I've only had my new-to-me '18 NC750X DCT for a little over a week now and it's a ton of fun. But, I'm 6' 2 1/2" and around a 34" inseam, plus or minus. The bars are stock and are ever so slightly low for me. It's tollerable but, I'm thinking I'd like to raise them some. I've looked around and found a couple but I have some questions. One, would the risers intended for say, a '21-'22-'23 model, fit and work for an '18 model year? Two, what brand do any or most of you recommend? And three, what's the max height anyone's gone to without changing any cables and or hydraulic lines? I surely appreciate any input here.
Scott
Generally speaking, you can manage a 1.2 inch rise with no trouble. A 2 inch rise might be doable with some cable routing management, although ideally a brake hose swap would be nice. I have 3.2 inches of rise but nearly everything has been extended/replaced - brake hose, throttle cables, clutch cable, and the wiring harneses to the switch gear on both sides. I find the NC very comfortable now.

Generally speaking, you can manage a 1.2 inch rise with no trouble. A 2 inch rise might be doable with some cable routing management, although ideally a brake hose swap would be nice. I have 3.2 inches of rise but nearly everyhing has been extended/replaced - brake hose, throttle cables, clutch cable, and the wiring harneses to the switch gear on both sides. I find the NC very comfortable now.
Wow,
What a great answer. I think a 3" rise would be really great. But, while I do all my own work on all my stuff, and have done quite a bit technical repairs, mods and alterations on everything I own, at present I'm not too interested in changing all those cables, hydraulic lines etc. If I can get at least an inch (ahemmmm), I'd probably be about as happy as possible, at least for the time being. I thank you for that great help.
Scott

I recently got these units from AliExpress for my 2023 NC750 DCT. They will move your handlebars 3/4" back and 1 1/4" up. It made a difference for me, but I'm only 5'8". The only hose that gets taut when you turn your handlebars is the brake line on the right side. To alleviate the stress on that cable, I simply popped the rubber grommet that was attached to a retainer (do not disconnect the brake line from the master cylinder). I now have enough free play in the brake line whenever the handlebar is moved the the extreme right or left position. Of course, if your risers are larger than mine, then YMMV.

I use these from moto werk. I know they say 14-17, but they fit the 18 as well. 1” straight risers and made in the USA if that matters to you.

I used generic ROX copies on the NC. They were in the 1.5" range but I had to clip the zip ties holding the wires. I ended up going with 8" TC Bros mini apes, but I got a custom brake line, swapped the cables to CTX, and spiced about 6" of wire in to the harnesses.

Hey Guys,
I surely thank all of you for helping me out here. All kinds of ideas and experiences here to help me choose. Now, which one(s)??
Scott

I had SW Motech 30 mm up and back risers on the 2015 and don’t recall having to do anything to the brake hose and electrical cables. The 2013 I have now had 2” Rox risers installed by the PO. I have made adjustments to my liking with some pull back dialed in and the bars are rotated forward to raise the grips to a more natural angle for me.

I ended up picking up a pair from Amazon.
I had only minor issues with the installation. I had to loosen some ties, re-route around some clamps etc. My hydraulic brake line is only super slightly tight with a full left turn of the bars. On a full right turn, the cable for the parking brake is ever so slightly tight. Neither situation poses any threat of danger or damage to either brake line but, I will keep an eye on them. I've not had a chance to ride the bike with the new risers just yet because I'm waiting for my wheels to be done at the powder coating facility here in town and then add new tires. I will report back when I do my first ride with all that.
Scott

I'm a bit late to this topic, but wondering if anyone has tried the SW Motech risers on the '21 and later NC models. I have a '22 and SW Motech USA web site says their generic riser of 30mm up and 21mm back has not been tested on the '21 and up models. I can't imagine it would be any different but as they are over $100, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I really don't want to mess about with hoses and cables. I'm a plug and play simpleton. I saw DDuelin's post on his 2015 model with no issues and hoping it's the same on the 2022. Oddly SW Motech offer payment via Amazon Pay, but don't seem to offer these risers via the Amazon web site. The SW Motech prices are a bit exorbitant, but having bought the adjustable foot pegs and the wing mirror extenders without regret, I can vouch for their quality which looks like OEM Honda stuff, so am prepared to cough up. Am I splashing out unnecessarily?

I have SW Motech 30mm risers on my 2021,. No problem fitting them. It is impressive how much a small change like this improves comfort. Just FYI, I'm 6' - 2" , with a 36.5" sleeve, and I'm using the stock seat.

Thanks very much for that. I did get on the phone to SW Motech (nice to have a company that answers the phone, or even has a phone) and they reiterated the web site saying they hadn't tested them on the later models, so no guarantee. So good to have your actual experience to go by. I'm 6'1" so in a similar situation to you. I can also recommend the SW Motech 360 degree adjustable foot pegs which greatly improved the leg comfort.

I installed the Rox Speed FX Pivot Handlebar 2” Riser 7/8” Handlebar Black 1R-P2SS (Amazon) on my 2021 NC750X. They are tilted back about 1” as well. Had them in place for about 9 months now and it’s been a great adjustment to the bike. Highly recommended.

i see that i am late to the party but i'll toss my hat in. I too sit tall in the saddle at almost 2M and 36" inseam. I have 2" ROX risers and have them tilted back towards me and i angled the bars up as far as i could so they are more comfortable and not too tight on the cables/lines. I like the set up and put a lot of miles on them set like this, not too bad overall. :{)

I used generic ROX copies on the NC. They were in the 1.5" range but I had to clip the zip ties holding the wires. I ended up going with 8" TC Bros mini apes, but I got a custom brake line, swapped the cables to CTX, and spiced about 6" of wire in to the harnesses.
I realize I am digging up an old thread, but do you have any pics of your setup?

I realize I am digging up an old thread, but do you have any pics of your setup?

You can't really see a whole lot here. The splices are heat shrunk and tucked way in there under the triple trees.
These are pics from my Oxford grip install which is what the giant bulk of wires is. Let me know if you want to see anything else. I think I have some when I was doing the swap on another phone.

Attachments

• PXL_20240413_125934057.jpg
    PXL_20240413_125934057.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20240413_125954358.jpg
    PXL_20240413_125954358.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 13
You can't really see a whole lot here. The splices are heat shrunk and tucked way in there under the triple trees.
These are pics from my Oxford grip install which is what the giant bulk of wires is. Let me know if you want to see anything else. I think I have some when I was doing the swap on another phone.
Thanks for the pics. I think I am going to try the Rox 2" pivoting risers. If those don't work I might look into doing something similar to what you have done. What bars are you using?

Back