• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ok gang, who's using what for cruising pegs?

I am with you Fire Up. I would love to find some hyway pegs. Like you I don’t want to add engine guards. I just don’t like the way they look on the bike.
Please update with your results.

Havok,
I'm not totally opposed to the addition of protection bars. If that's what may be needed for the addition of cruiser pegs, then I might have to look into them.
Scott

Well,
Here's the up-to-date report. I got a chance to do the install the Kury 7933 Off-set cruising pegs I received from 76Hawke. First off, the clamp sections of those pegs do fit the down tubes of the frame of my '20 NC750X DCT. However, there is a slight issue with that fitment. The container they came in states they are to fit a 1.350 tube. Well, my down tubes are 1.375 or, in normal speak, they're 1 3/8" in diameter. Now, using some basic math, 1.375 - 1.350 = .025. That means my down tubes are .025 thousandths larger than what is stated that those clamps will fit. .025 is not very much folks when dealing with this particular scenario. That's just .0125 or, 12 and 1/2 thousandths per side of that tubing.

What this all means is, the clamps do fit but, they don't come as close together on the bolt end as they would if the tubing was 1.350. In the pictures, you see the clamps tightened down about as much as I dare yet still there is a gap between both sides of the clamp. While I've not had a chance to actually ride the bike yet, I have sat on it with them installed and they feel OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

I know that some of you have stated you're not all that much in favor of cruising pegs and that is perfectly fine. But with me and my physique, height, leg length and all that, I need alternative riding positions for my legs every now and then. While the NC is not really a "cruiser" style bike, having those cruising pegs for me, is gonna be a form of a game changer that will allow for longer, less stressful rides. Anytime a rider can increase comfort, by changing something, even if that change may look a little odd on a given motorcycle, it's a win in my book. Now, will I do anything about the "gap" in those clamps? Well, maybe, and maybe not. If I go for a ride of decent length and those new pegs don't move if I use them for continued time, then I probably won't mess with them. But, if they appear to slowly move away from my feet, THEN I'll develop some sort of a spacer made of nylon or some HDPE plastic I have hanging around. Those spacers will allow for full tightening without fear of damage to either the clamps or the frame. But so far, in the one test of just sitting on the bike and placing my feet on them, I'm a happy camper. We'll see.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    979.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5756.JPG
    IMG_5756.JPG
    708 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5757.JPG
    IMG_5757.JPG
    879.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5767.JPG
    IMG_5767.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5768.JPG
    IMG_5768.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Well boys and girls,
I snuck out early yesterday morning, about 05:20 or so and took a little jaunt on the NC. I got the bike out onto I-95 here in Havasu where it turns into 55-65 mph stuff and flipped down those pegs. First impression: GREAT! I will say though, if I had the ability to lower them by about say, around 2-3" or so, I think that would be the cats meow. But, based on the clamps and the frame construction i.e. a bend in that frame that's just below where they're mounted now, it's really not possible to shimmy those clamps farther down on the tubes. Now, I have the ability to create some form of an adapter bracket that I can attach to the clamps and then attach the pegs to that bracket, if I choose to do such a thing in the future. But for now, I'm pretty darn happy with the results.

To me, when I put my feet on those cruiser pegs, the results are that by doing so, it ever so slightly changes my riding ergonomics. That is, I can feel my back sort-a relax a bit. My butt position on the seat changes slightly and of course my hand and arm position changes a very minute amount. Now I won't ride in that position for miles on end. I will use them, then switch back to the standard pegs, then change, then change, then change. It's just nice to have at least some form of alternative riding position. Man l love this bike. Now, the next challenge is to find either an upholsterer or an aftermarket more padded seat.
Scott

Back