• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who Needs a Kick Stand?

It's pretty much vertical so it has to be on the center stand. All that luggage on the back is making it rest on the rear tire.

Looks like the woods would have been a better choice. The wife is gonna be pi$$ed when he doesn't come back with the milk and diapers.

Ah, the Dalton Hwy on a good day! Yes, I have to have one of those new Honda Africa Twins? Last summer the entire road washed out a few days before I got there. The state of Alaska took weeks getting the road passable again. Thank goodness one of this forum's members let me know a few days before I got there!

Afican Twin.jpg

Last edited:
I did that to my 250 Husky 4-speed eons ago on a spring day. What I had to do was dig out the mud on one side of the wheels using a stick & my hands, then push the bike over on its side and drag it to firm ground. It happened to me 2-3 times and after that I rode back to the truck, loaded it up and drove home...totally exhausted. :-(

ps. can't imagine doing that with a large, overloaded adventure bike

No centerstand. He has dug himself out a nice deep pocket for the rear wheel to sit in. And the road ahead could well be as long or longer than the road behind. Looks like one of those days (like OCR's pic) where we wonder why we do this to ourselves.

Looks like a good place to set up camp for a day or two.;)

Can not set up camp safely along the Dalton Highway. Grizzly bears stay hidden along the side of roadway, looking for fresh road kill. If the grizzlys don't get you, the huge mosquitos will suck all the blood out of your body.

signM.jpg

Can not set up camp safely along the Dalton Highway. Grizzly bears stay hidden along the side of roadway, looking for fresh road kill. If the grizzlys don't get you, the huge mosquitos will suck all the blood out of your body.

View attachment 26893

With mosquitoes that size in the area Grizzly bears should end up being far too anemic to be much of a threat.

One day I'd like to do some riding in Europe and go see that bike. It did a 10 year round the world trip and now lives at the BMW museum in Munich. Very cool picture Fuzzy.

Back