• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gear shift question.

Hondatacoma23

Reaction score
Visit site
So my 2013 nc700x has 23k miles, I've just noticed that I don't need to pull in the clutch to change gears while the kick stand is down is this normal? Or should I be worried?

I’m not fully understanding the question. The sidestand has no mechanical connection to the transmission or the clutch. Can you elaborate on the situation that concerns you?

Reactions: MZ5
So my 2013 nc700x has 23k miles, I've just noticed that I don't need to pull in the clutch to change gears while the kick stand is down is this normal? Or should I be worried?
I don’t have to pull my clutch in to shift from 1st to neutral. Is that what you’re experiencing?

I don't understand the question either.

But when the kickstand is down and you shift from neutral to 1st(or 2nd) the engine will turn off as a safety precaution.

When the engine is off you can obviously go through all the gears and won't need the clutch.

Back