• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where is the sub-harness? and how to open the relay box next to the battery

luckedoggs

Reaction score
Visit site
Two noob questions.

Where is the subharness, and how do I open the relay box next to the battery?

I got my bike with the heater grips and 12v socket dealer installed. I am sure the subharness is somewhere, but could not see it on opening the battery compartment. The fuse wire in the picture is the battery tender harness wired to the battery.

I wanted to add some aux lights, and have any extra open plugs in the sub-harness connect to the relay switch on the aux lights harness.

vIMG_20150125_164041.jpg

Gently pry (down) from the top of the fuse box by. The first time I had to use a straight screw driver to dislodge. So with the fuse box cover in the vertical position like this:
l
gently pry the top part to get it
sideways like this: /
and then all the way down like this: __

Sorry, don't know anything about the sub harness.

The Sub harness plugs into a 6 pin connector under the left side cover, in a space between the frunk box and the cover. It branches out into four connectors protected by a translucent plastic shroud. You can see it here in the lower right of the photo below. To access the harness, the side cover needs to be removed. Do not try to remove the cover without following instructions because other covers most be removed first, and in the proper order. The fasteners can fool you, too. The instructions are found either in the Honda service manual, or the instructions that come with accessories, such as the frunk 12 volt outlet.

View attachment 11391

Thanks. That site and the honda powersports 12v accessory install instructions were helpful. I was looking in the front of the bike for the sub-harness. Based on these instructions, it should be on the back left, around the rider seat area.

Here is a picture for you. Whoops, jsut saw 670cc had a better picture posted already.

Subharnessconnector_zps59807ab7.jpg

Last edited:
Back