• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where do you mount the Denali PowerHub2?

Last edited:
Thanks, kpinvt.

As in your photo, I mounted the box on the lower part of the battery cover, just about the only flat place in the frunk, using two #10 machine screws. The PowerHub2 is oriented so the wires come out the bottom, run up the right side of the battery cover, and through a hole drilled at about the level of the battery terminals. I haven't actually wired it up yet --- couldn't find my electrical tools last night, and by the time I did it was dark --- but will do so today. Plan a cigarette-lighter outlet unswitched on a 15 amp fuse (tire inflator and battery charger) and other circuits switched.

I'll post a photo when it's finished.

Well, not exactly "finished," but it's all wired up and ready to install. As the prior post notes, I had it installed and hooked up, then discovered how difficult it was to add wiring when it's vertical and down near the floor of the frunk. Out it came.

Now it's ready to go back in. I have one 15a unswitched circuit (#1) to a cigarette-lighter socket, and installed wires for all 5 of the remaining circuits as long as I had the unit on the workbench. I used #16 for the 15a circuit and #18 speaker wire for the lower-current other 5. One (I fused it at 7.5, well above rated current and the in-circuit 5a fuse) feeds the Oxford heated grips, and the 3a-fused circuit feeds a pair of USB sockets.

DSC01147s.jpg

I hope you will excuse the self-replies but I wanted to show the box as it is now installed. The outlet velcro-taped to the wall of the frunk is from Wal-Mart. It contains a cigarette-lighter outlet and two USB ports. I opened it up and separated them (just snipped an internal red wire from the lighter outlet to the ports, and ran that wire out through a small slit in the case), and have the lighter outlet fed by a 15a unswitched circuit and the USB ports by a 5a switched. The heated Oxford grips are fed by a 7.5a-fused switched circuit (even though they have an in-line 5a fuse). This is a little messy but I wanted to attach leads for all 6 circuits before installing the box in the bike.DSC01171.jpg

Back