• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where do you think I should stick it?

In response to the original question, in the UK those of a certain age with a juvenile sense of humour would respond "Ooh err missus".
We can get a non HISS key cut here too so you can use that to open the frunk and lift the seat but it won't start the bike.

You know, that’s not a bad idea, really. When I ride alone in the boondocks, I often wear a neck chain with a dog tag (name, blood type, emergency contact numbers). Adding a very simple flat key wouldn’t hurt.

That being said, although I often have a spare key on board or take spare keys on trips, I’ve never lost or misplaced a key.
Its because you have a spare ie. Murphy's Law.

@The Phoenix @combatcrab posted the above which might be something you want to do or it might give you an idea of where to place the key.

Mike

@The Phoenix @combatcrab posted the above which might be something you want to do or it might give you an idea of where to place the key.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Great idea. And my thanks to the OP

Thanks Mike. Great idea. And my thanks to the OP
I had the fairing off yesterday and got a shot of where the key sits. Imagine you're looking through the starboard side fairing near the front fork. That's the turn signal connector just above it. PXL_20231109_153217159.jpg

Last edited:
I had the fairing off yesterday and got a shot of wear the key sits. Imagine you're looking through the starboard side fairing near the front fork. That's the turn signal connector just above it. View attachment 53191
I hope this is the decoy and the REAL spare key location is undisclosed here on the World Wide Web.

Reactions: MZ5
I hope this is the decoy and the REAL spare key location is undisclosed here on the World Wide Web.
The real deal. The amount of coordination you're alluding to is a bar higher than what it would actually take to steal a bike if they wanted it that badly.

Reactions: MZ5
Thanks combatcrab. Interesting solution. It's not readily evident but I have to ask - how did you secure it to its location?
It's in the linked thread. I used JB-weld to add a magnet to the spare. The idea came to me while I was making a "frunk knob", because I already had some JB mixed up and some extra spares made. Make sure to rough-up both the magnet and the head of the key with a little sandpaper.PXL_20231105_132032439.jpgPXL_20231105_131625307.MP.jpgPXL_20231105_131537085.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231105_132032439.jpg
    PXL_20231105_132032439.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I thought the title would invite members to take a look at a serious question and a request for your thoughts.
I purchased an additional key to my 2021 Honda NC750xd and want to hide it where it would be accessible to me just in case something happens if I lock my keys in the frunk or inadvertently lose them.
As you can imagine I want to put it in a place that would be hidden from normal view but not in a place that would require me to have a key to access it such as the frunk, or under the pillion's seat.
So any suggestions as to "where I should stick it" would be greatly appreciated.
Per normal, I have no perfect ideas about where to hide a key on a motorcycle. I do have two ideas to impart about key management. One, the key goes in the front pocket of your riding pants. Two, if you use a hotel safe to store your passport, place the key with the passport. Never store a passport by itself in a hotel room safe. This will cause a heart stopping moment about three hours down the road when you become aware that you left your passport safely locked up in the safe. If you store the key and passport together this may prevent this near-cardiac moment.

Back