• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thunderbox Mount Location Options?

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, wondering where the Healtech Thunderbox users have been mounting their units.
I want to keep my setup clean/hidden as possible, keep the accessory wiring blocks easily accessible right there underneath the cowl behind the handlebars, and not use up space in the frunk since my helmet sits in there so nicely. The two spots that seem to me easiest for my 2023 are in front of the frunk under the main body cowl (there's a nice steel bracket there that would hold it well, esp with a combination of velcro plus zip tie. Other option I'm considering is inside the tool indentation of the frunk, if I cut a small hole to feed the wires through. That would be a bit fussier looking, but wouldn't impede frunk use and *would* allow seeing the LED status light on the unit. In either of those cases, however, I'll need to lengthen the leads back to the power supply because from there, the battery's too far back.

Where are folks with the newer model with the battery behind the frunk putting their Thunderboxes?

I used the velcro and stuck it in front on the right side just below the air intake. This allows me to see the indicator light easily and to use what looks like a wiring service loop (two opposing hooks on the from of what I think is the air filter housing). So far I've only attached a car play unit to it but it seems to work perfectly. I had to extend the battery leads to reach this location but getting the wiring back to the battery was fairly straightforward. (Used a bendy claw retriever to pull the wiring through under the fairing). I am concerned about the exposure to elements, though it being right by the air intake lessens that concern a little. I am curious about the impact to air filter replacement but with the velcro and the wiring service loop, I think I will have room to work. I do like the airflow the box gets as it seems to get warm.

I ended up putting mine inside the luggage box, tucked into the front-right recess of that front plate where the toolkit also fits. Just had to drill a 1/2" hole and lengthen the battery leads to get there. The wago connection blocks I just velcroed on the opposite side of the plate recess. Now hooking up anything new will just mean removing that one simple top cowl (4 screws, 4 push rivets). Helmet and tons of groceries (as well as toolkit in original spot) all fit fine in there, along with a 3x USB charging port with PD-c charging.

Back