• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Where do these come from?

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
Over a number of weeks I have found these broken “O” rings under my bike, one at a time. Can anyone tell me where they may come from as I’m at a loss??
072873F9-3F14-4E7B-848F-A65153846BBB.jpeg

Without a real reference for size, could it be drive chain O rings?
Sorry just measured them 22mm, definitely not the chain which BTW is brand new.
I would also like to add that I’ve had this bike in a thousand pieces more than once, if you are from USA “one time” and never seen anything like them.

Last edited:
Had the valve cover off? Are there o-rings on the valve cover bolts?
Had the covers off 1 year ago. Not O rings they are sort of rubberised washers.
Some more info on the fork caps. I have fitted manual preload adjusters and the O rings are still on.
It’s really baffling I haven’t even used anything else near the bike that would deposit the O rings.

Last edited:
Any chance you have some riding buddies messing with you? Many years ago one of our riding group got a brand new Harley. He bragged about the fact that it was the new design that didn't leak oil. On our Saturday morning breakfast rides, one of us would find a way to sneak out while he was eating and pour about half a cup of oil on the ground underneath it. It drove him crazy until we finally told him what we were doing. Pretty funny at the time...

There are 3 "speed sensors" on the back of the crankcase that have an o-ring seal. #30 in the diagram. I cannot find a dimension for the o-ring.
View attachment 50300
That’s a possibility as it has just been in the dealers for an ecu fault, with the diagnostics saying speed sensor fault. The O rings may have been replaced and the old ones left in the engine.

Didn't the OP have his bike worked on at the dealer for DCT issues recently? Maybe the dealer 'lost' them while diagnosing the issue and they just now fell out?

Maybe SUV is on to something. I am out of ideas.
Yes I agree with you I had actually thought of it myself. Please see the above post which seems to be a definite possibility.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WRACKED THEIR BRAINS ON MY BEHALF ‍

Last edited:
Didn't the OP have his bike worked on at the dealer for DCT issues recently? Maybe the dealer 'lost' them while diagnosing the issue and they just now fell out?

Maybe SUV is on to something. I am out of ideas.
But why would they just happen to fall out when it was parked with no outside force? I am going to go with SUV.

But why would they just happen to fall out when it was parked with no outside force? I am going to go with SUV.
Nobody has been to my house recently and definitely not in the garage. My best friend and riding buddy died about 3 years ago, not bike related so now mostly ride on my own.

I have fitted to my 750 x an aftermarket radiator guard which I stuck o rings between guard and radiator to stop it vibrating against said radiator. these have a habit of hardening and dropping to ground. However the ones I fit are only about 10 mm across. Just a thought.

Back