• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

whats your worst fuel consumption

47.4 MPG on a November long ride day. Two fill ups, the second, the loser, that was a high speed dash from Santa Fe, home.

Last edited:
I mentioned in an earlier post that my NC gets better mileage than a 330cc scooter that I used to have. Just for fun I went to Fuelly to make sure I wasn't talking nonsense.

I excluded years with really small sample sizes.

Piaggio BV 350: 2012 - 53.8 mpg, 2013 - 55.5 mpg

Honda NC700X: 2012 - 64.6 mpg, 2013 - 63.4 mpg, 2014 - 65.1 mpg

So the Honda has more than twice the displacement (670 vs 330), weighs between 65 and 85 pounds more depending on whether it is DCT or not and has a lot more power than the scooter and still gets 15-18% better mileage. I'm sure that some part of the difference is the scooter's CVT versus real gears but still I am in awe of what Honda has accomplished. New Concept indeed.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Piaggio took premium fuel and the Honda takes regular.

Last edited:
Worst was close to 55mpg. Best was just over 80.
I hear you michaeljohn. I still have my scooter that is a kymco 150 and I will always average around 62 mpg on it. The cvt definitely doesn't help. You have to rev it up to 4500 rpm to get it rolling. Love the NC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Worst I got was while riding eastbound on I-90 through South Dakota. I was fighting a headwind while running at WOT for most of this tank during a 4800 mile trip from Ontario to Colorado and back over 12 days. I didn't realize how bad it was and thought I was going to run out before the next exit. I was trying to keep up with my companion on his Versys in an 80 MPH speed zone.

That particular tank I only got 109 miles with 35.1 mpg average. The tank before was 48.7 mpg and the tank after was 40.1 mpg.

The best I got was 2 days before with an 84.6 mpg tank over 179 miles.

Last edited:
Low 55.4 whaaatttt!!!
High 63.6
Avg 59.1

I guess I am a little heavy on the take-offs eh.

But that is only 1588 miles and 11 fuel-ups.

I'm with you Therapy. My mileage reflects my riding.

What is scaring me is that I am not riding as hard/fast/aggressively as I was in my younger years.
But in the US and especially Florida where most roads are straight and flat and intersect at 90° speeds aren't much below 50s. I don't do interstate much on this bike so far because it is pretty slow.

I just ride too fast on my commute. I'm ready to get off my feet after a 12 hour shift, so quick starts and 75-85 mph doesn't help my fuel mileage. I also noticed a drop in mileage because of the super heavy rear tire I just put on 4,000 miles ago.

When loaded and on a trip I usually get 52 to 55 mpg. If I'm pushing with faster traffic it can go to 42 mpg. Just goes to show the difference between commuting on an essentially empty bike and traveling with a loaded one.

My bike only has 750 miles on it but so far the worst has been 69.4 and the best 72.2 MPG. This bike gets better MPG than our 250 Kymco scooter !

After getting poor fuel mileage most of the winter. I thought I would bump it up since the temperature has been warming.
So I thought I would change gears between 2 and 3 thousand rpms and try not to go over 4000 rpms at traveling speed.
The change in riding got 70.53 mpg instead of the 53.26 mpg on the last tank. Of course the previous tanks were 4000+ rpm shift points with 80-85 mph traveling speeds.
I wonder how much time I actually saved by being in a hurry? I bet not much. But with short shifting and keeping it at or close to the speed limit pays off a lot more miles per gallon.
I'm still going to try for 95+ mpg one day.

From full to reserve within seconds ... because i do not pay much attention in between. I just drive.
The first 2k kilometers i checked it more often and got at best 3.2l/100km and worst was 4.5l/100km. Then i stopped worrying and just drive like i want.

I'm right after my first service and that got me avg 66-67. Now that I got my Shad bags it dropped to about 56-57!! Yikes. Lots of wind resistance.

Worst I can recall was _well_ down into the 50s last summer, on my way to the PacNW (via CA). Saddlebags, top case, and a large duffel bag cross-ways on the pillion, all full and almost certainly overweight (the saddelbags anyway). Running 80+. Absolutely wretched mpg.

I was also running my K&N air filter.

I don't run the K&N any more. That one change, all on its own, with zero else changed, has put me back up into the 70s for mpg. For the past nearly 2 years now, it's been very difficult for me to break 70 mpg on my usual commute ride into Phoenix. I've done EVERYTHING. Checked and/or adjusted valves. Twice. Changed oil & filter, and changed oil type & viscosity. Changed plugs. Checked and changed tires. Tried with and without the RideOn. NOTHING would help. Now that I'm back on the Honda air filter, I'm back up into the low- to mid-70s. I've never, EVER had this kind of experience with K&N air filters before, but thousands of miles and multiple seasons of data prove it.

Since my last post in this thread I have had more variation in my mileage. After putting on an aftermarket exhaust pipe at Christmas my mileage dropped into the low 50s because I couldn't resist accelerating hard to hear the nice new sound. Low 50s is still pretty darn good. I wondered if the pipe itself was having any effect so I decided to let up for a while and my mileage went up to 70mpg with a lot of manual short-shifting. That was no fun so I went back to riding however I feel like and I'm hovering right around 60mpg with no effort at all to conserve fuel. I probably have a 50-50 mix of freeway and local roads. I only weigh 150 pounds so I'm sure that helps - nevertheless the mileage of the NC never ceases to amaze me.

Worst so far was last tank at 66.5 mpg. Best is 80. Last tank did a lot of miles at interstate speeds running against a stiff wind. Typical, the harder you run the less mpg you get. More wind resistance.

Back