• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

whats your worst fuel consumption

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
Yes we have all had about 70 MPG at some point or another, but the other day I spent the better part of a tank running at 85 to 95 MPH, and my mileage dropped into the 50's. Anyone have similar experiences?

the lowest I've ever got was 59 uk gallon.
I was giving it some stick on that day in sport mode and two up.
best that I've got was 82 mpg.

My low was 46.18 mpg. This was commuting fast speeds with temps 5-20 degrees F.
Edit, new low 44.97 mpg.

Last edited:
Yes we have all had about 70 MPG at some point or another, but the other day I spent the better part of a tank running at 85 to 95 MPH, and my mileage dropped into the 50's. Anyone have similar experiences?
Yep, over Labor Day weekend, on my excursion to the 'Dragon', I ran from Lexington Ky to Knoxsville Tn running 85-90mph; my fuel mileage was 58mpg on that tank. Over my 26,000 miles, I have 8 tanks run in the 50s (the lowest being 53mpg)-all these tanks were running the bike in the 80-90s mph range. The more RPMs you turn, the lower the fuel mileage, usually.

I'll be in the 50's most of the winter. My average speed on my commute to work is 75MPH. That coupled with the cold air and I hover around 55MPG's

70+ mph directly into a strong headwind for 200 miles (my dct even downshifted going up slight grades) produced as low as 42 mpg. Coming back the next day with the wind (not as strong) behind me produced just over 60 mpg. An easy-does-it 250 mile ride the next week, keeping below 50 mph, produced 75 mpg.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am also talking in terms of imperial gallon. My best was 82 mph in the company of two bigger bikes. The worst I have seen is 65.

My worst was 42.53 MPG, but that was in West Texas coming into a big headwind, trying to finish up my Iron Butt... I suspect the majority of that tank was at WOT.

Just checked my Fuelly, in the 47,509 miles tracked, I've only had 8 tanks below 50 MPG, and 4 of those were on the Iron Butt ride... not bad ;)

trey

about 57 mpg riding 75 -80 mph into a pretty strong headwind

best was 86.2 on a peaceful ride through the Sierras :eek:

Average about 62 mpg, worst was mid/high 40s running at 80 in the cold, with luggage and a strong head/cross wind. Best was 79 on the blue ridge parkway.

Between 58 and 65. As the bike is breaking in the mileage seems to be getting better, as does the power. I've only got about 1400 miles on it so far but my last tank was 65 MPG. That was 63mpg by the bike's reckoning, and 65 by my actual fuel consumption calculation. So 58 has been my lowest. I'm always in Sport mode (why not, it's the most fun!) and I'm not trying to conserve fuel at all. The mileage on this thing is amazing - I used to have a 330cc scooter that got worse mileage than this. Bravo Honda!

Back