• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's a farkle?

I don't have any problem with using either Farkle or Mod, but for those that do may I suggest going with the good old nautical term of Rig. If you decide to use this instead, be forewarned that extreme rigging can lead to another nautical term which is BOAT (stands for Break Out Another Thousand). :)

Bob

Could not the term Rig be confused with the American term for a sidecar outfit or have I got this wrong? I know you guys also refer to them as side hacks

Could not the term Rig be confused with the American term for a sidecar outfit or have I got this wrong? I know you guys also refer to them as side hacks

Rig is one of those terms that in the U.S. have so many meanings that vary by region and urban vs suburban or "open country" up bringing. Like in N.Y.C. if you say "hack" they would think you mean a taxi. To me it means a sidecar and in the entertainment world it means someone without talent. Rig has 15 meanings that I can think of off the top of my head, so it's all a matter of context with us.

Also the first time I saw the word Farkling in print I thought that the writer was just trying to come up with a printable version of "Fu*king around", in reference to the fact that the modifications they were doing were totally unnecessary.

Last edited:
Back