• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What Is Your Number?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but there's something telling me that it's just not right to be posting your VIN number up on a public forum.

If I were to steal an NC, I now know what bike to clone to match colour and spec etc, I even have the exact VIN for the cloned bike.

Just a thought.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but there's something telling me that it's just not right to be posting your VIN number up on a public forum.

If I were to steal an NC, I now know what bike to clone to match colour and spec etc, I even have the exact VIN for the cloned bike.

Just a thought.

Good thought

Just a thought.

Jelly, the numbers are only a parcel of the full VIN. Everyone is only interested in the build number, which is the last 6 digits, e.g. 123456. Besides, cloning a VIN would involve a lot more than just printing a new label to be applied to the frame. Both the frame and engine numbers would have to be "Stamped" into metal. "Re-striking" a metal part with new numbers over the old ones would be very evident, any law enforcement agency or government registration body would catch that one easily. If some were to clone an entire motorcycle for the sake to use someone else’s VIN, they should go into a legitimate business at that point.

The Chinese make Honda clones of various types all day long. These bikes and scooters are disposable or “JUNK” to say the least. Why would someone waste a lot of “Capital” to manufacture such and inferior product? The same goes for someone wanting to steal your VIN.

I know it's a long shot but I'm just not comfortable doing it.

It's just my opinion of course, I'm not condemning anyone who chooses to add to the list.

I know it's a long shot but I'm just not comfortable doing it.

It's just my opinion of course, I'm not condemning anyone who chooses to add to the list.

No Probelm or Worries... :eek:

I'm an engineer involved with manufacturing and familiar with a great deal of the equipment would be needed to manufacture any product. I highly doubt that someone would spend Millions of Dollars to purchase all the needed equipment to "Re-Serialize" any product such as a motor vehicle. However stranger things have happened in the world.

I'd love to have a HAAS CNC Mill in my garage, but it's not in the cards for me.

SMINIMILL2_09.jpg

As far as VIN publishing...........every car and truck has the full VIN visible in the lower left windshield corner and that's a required FED standard. The other thing there are VIN decoding books that describe all the characters and what they mean.

The VIN on any NC model is the same except for the running sequential "serial" number......so there really are no secrets.

The VIN on any NC model is the same except for the running sequential "serial" number......so there really are no secrets.

EXACTLY!!!

I do not know what the fuss is all about here. If you are not "COMFORTABLE" posting the last 6 digits (a.k.a. Build Number) of your VIN, then don't. We will not judge you for it... :eek:

Back