• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What is your favorite color choice for the NCX? (Poll)

What is your favorite color for the NCX?

• White/Black

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • Silver/Black

Votes: 38 26.4%
  • Black/Black

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • Red/Black

Votes: 41 28.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted RED since that what I have, I went to the dealer to look at the new CB500X but it only comes in black here in the U.S. and black is my least favorite color for any MC or car, color wasn't my only reason for going for the 700 over the 500, but it helped make my decision. I think that Yellow and Black looks really sharp also.

The Cheapest Way

Wonder how difficult/expensive it would be to order the yellow plastics, VS painting or wrapping existing ones?
I'm sure that buying the yellow plastic, or any color of plastic, would be a lot more expensive than you taking the plastic off your bike and painting it. Go online line and check out Honda's pricing on the colored plastic parts. Almost as expensive as buying the whole bike!:rolleyes:

The white stands out the most but I didn't vote for it because it looks like a police bike. :D
Black is very striking but it shows dirt horribly. I owned a black '85 Dodge Daytona Turbo and I'll never buy another black vehicle.
Red was my first choice until I found the used silver one I bought.
If I had looked at this poll earlier I would have said red... but the silver has grown on me and looks really sharp with luggage so I picked silver.

Doesn't seem to matter, I can't find the yellow part numbers. I looked for the fender, just to check:
61100-MGS-D30Z_
A - Digital Silver Metallic (NHA30)
B - Pearl Sunbeam White (NHA66)
C - Darkness Black Metallic (NH463)
D - Magna Red (R201)
E - NA
F - Graphite Black (NHB01)
G - Seal Silver Metallic (NHA14)

I found it interesting that there are two blacks and two silvers. But those were the only colors I found online. Makes me wonder about the yellow parts, if they have completely different part numbers or what. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I didn't find them.

I did a rough cost of all new plastics at about $1035. Not confident enough to consider painting myself. Maybe I'll keep looking at vinyl wrapping.

Doesn't seem to matter, I can't find the yellow part numbers. I looked for the fender, just to check:
61100-MGS-D30Z_
D - Magna Red (R201)
E - NA

I found it interesting that there are two blacks and two silvers. But those were the only colors I found online. Makes me wonder about the yellow parts, if they have completely different part numbers or what. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I didn't find them.

I did a rough cost of all new plastics at about $1035. Not confident enough to consider painting myself. Maybe I'll keep looking at vinyl wrapping.
Is that suggested retail or from a supplier after a discount. Just 2 pieces of plastic for my VFR is about that much from a discount place.

61100-MGS-D30Z_
D - Magna Red (R201)
E - NA

I think the yellow is an exclusive for Japan color if I remember right. I also don't think it has actually been released yet.... but I could be wrong. Someone posted about the yellow one a while back, can' t remember who it was, maybe Mike Cash?

There are some really nice looking dual purpose bikes in what I would call burnt orange... Seems like I saw a translap in that color not too long ago too. Someone posted a photoshopped Red yesterday that almost looked orange, and I was thinking it looked pretty nice... maybe burnt orange would really give it that nice dual purpose look.

Attachments

• smileyhumm.jpg
    smileyhumm.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 135
It's funny how with such little actual bodywork being changed colour-wise, makes each NCX look very unique compared to another.

I'm not usually a big fan of splashy colours (with a few exceptions) and I would never really contemplate buying a bright yellow bike, or a bright green one, or an orange one, etc., but I positively love seeing all these different combos being shown. They make me think of jelly beans or something lol, and I go: Wow! That looks really good!

My '77 BMW was burnt Orange, I always thought it was the best looking bike I ever owned. also the one I had the longest, 15 years. 1977 BMW R75.jpg
This photo doesn't really show the color very good, but seems to be the only one I have on the computer.

Not making fun but the panniers look like a brief case where you could jsut grab the handle and head into the office.

Wow! What is it with you guys and yellow?!?!?!

They look like AA bikes, AAA I believe is your equivilant? Breakdown service.

If I'd bought an NC a few months back it would've been white, but there is so little colour anyway, the not tank, mudguard and rear cowl and the rest is black anyway so I decided black for uniformity, plus it looks rather sinister!

The silver looks cheap and the red NC is not for me, even though I've owned 3 red bikes already.

Anyway, didn't you know? Black is the new black! :cool:

It's funny. Europeans tend to like the White or Red versions whereas the North Americans like the Silver and Black.

I think geography plays a big part in color selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back