• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

what can I do when chain breaks in the middle of the nowhere?

W

wildeone

Never happen this to me but I heard it's possible :)
so I wonder how can fix it in the middle of the nowhere ?
if I don't have spare one?

And don't forget a tire repair kit. I carry one with CO2 cartridges on my CB in the small tool compartment, but 2 small hand pump is a more reliable option.

And don't forget a tire repair kit. I carry one with CO2 cartridges on my CB in the small tool compartment, but 2 small hand pump is a more reliable option.

Really, you can't find room for a small air compressor ;-)

On any trip I carry puncture repair, compressor, a set of cheap levers, a spare clutch cable, chain links and a small tool kit.

There is plenty of storage on the NC, can't understand why you would wait for recovery when common issues can be fixed at the roadside within 30 mins if you have a basic first aid kit for the bike

If the chain is not near the end of the adjusters, meaning stretched, it is very hard to brake the new chains. They are so strong i have seen them brake the counter shaft off, or brake the counter shaft bearings and cases. This happens when the chain has the wrong freeplay, meaning to little, as the swing arm swings thru its arc, it get tighter, untill the counter shaft, swing pivot, and rear axle are in alignment, above that line the chain is getting more slack in it. same as when it is below that strait line, that is what deturmence how much chainslack you need, to not bind up the chain and brake parts. Dale

Back