• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

One of the towns we are going thru. (maybe ,the fires are going to block our route) has a week of 102,104,106,108,and 109 ahead !!!!.
I'm all packed and ready to roll tomorrow at 9:30am.See you all in Stevenson. !!
vese6y5a.jpg

rezeruge.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the towns we are going thru. (maybe ,the fires are going to block our route) has a week of 102,104,106,108,and 109 ahead !!!!.
I'm all packed and ready to roll tomorrow at 9:30am.See you all in Stevenson. !!

I bought a cool wrap to soak and put around my neck to help with the heat. I've been watching the fires up around Lake Chelan, it'll be interesting to see what's left by the time we get there. I've also been doing the rain dance for OCR!

Well, I'm significantly less jealous of you guys now. As much fun as the route sounds, that is a bit beyond my maximum operating temperature. Stay hydrated! Don't forget your electrolytes...lose enough and it won't matter how much water you drink.

Well, I'm significantly less jealous of you guys now. As much fun as the route sounds, that is a bit beyond my maximum operating temperature. Stay hydrated! Don't forget your electrolytes...lose enough and it won't matter how much water you drink.

I agree !!
I thought the adventure was going to be the route , not the weather. !!.

I try to alternate Gatorade and water when it's over 100. It seems to help more than just the same of either.

Ride safe and PLEASE no pictures of the skinny dipping!

Can't wait to hear all about it.
Mike

Day 1 of ride to WABDR

Highway 36 to Abilene

Joe Tex and I are off to the WABDR. First day is from the start of Highway 36 at the southern end of Texas to the northern end of Texas at Abilene State Park. Cloud cover almost the entire day, do nice temperatures.

[video=youtube;3Vs5062Vbnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vs5062Vbnc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Team Texas had to withdraw from the ride.
They gave it a good try but it was just not to be.Joe and Jim went down a few times and Jim finally got hurt and they headed out.
guqusemu.jpg

mysadate.jpg

u8uba8y2.jpg

rymygysy.jpg

NOBODY at Honda ever thought a NC would what we are trying to do.
6u5ejuhy.jpg

I finally went down today on NASTY,NEVER ENDING deep rock hill.My clutch over heated and went out and over I went.
ubytyvy4.jpg

5u8u3yru.jpg

X2? He must not be too hurt as Nort said they headed out.

Still want a full report!

This was just the first leg of a 30 day trip for OCR. Hope it didn't get ruined!

Last edited:
When I saw the rear heel on my boot setting where the front toe of my boot normally sets, I knew I had a slight problem. This real nice fellow on a Suzuki VStrom was kind enough to remove the bike from on top of my leg. The knee does not really matter as I was planning to have them replaced in January. I truly had a good time in Washington state at the Wabdr. The folks on this ride were some real nice folks. I knew I was going to have some problems with my bad knees before I left, but I still had to give it a shot.

Joe Tex's nursing instincts took over at once when I got hurt, getting the pills I needed to stop the swelling. Joe was also on an extended vacation and was suppose to go see his 88 year old mother in California. If figured if Joe and I just parted, he would continue on to visit his 88 year old mother, and not ruin his vacation taking care of me. So, at the bridge going across the river between Washington and Oregon we parted. You know it, got an email from Joe stating he had a flat on the bridge. I called Joe, but have not heard from him. Hope he got to visit his mother.

I am currently at my son-in-laws house in California, hoping the swelling in my knee will go down soon so I can continue on my trip.

Last edited:
Day 2 of ride to WABDR

Palo Duro Canyon

[video=youtube;LeqM_3ZGtzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqM_3ZGtzE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
When I saw the rear heel on my boot setting where the front toe of my boot normally sets, I knew I had a slight problem. This real nice fellow on a Suzuki VStrom was kind enough to remove the bike from on top of my leg. The knee does not really matter as I was planning to have them replaced in January. I truly had a good time in Washington state at the Wabdr. The folks on this ride were some real nice folks. I knew I was going to have some problems with my bad knees before I left, but I still had to give it a shot.

Joe Tex's nursing instincts took over at once when I got hurt, getting the pills I needed to stop the swelling. Joe was also on an extended vacation and was suppose to go see his 88 year old mother in California. If figured if Joe and I just parted, he would continue on to visit his 88 year old mother, and not ruin his vacation taking care of me. So, at the bridge going across the river between Washington and Oregon we parted. You know it, got an email from Joe stating he had a flat on the bridge. I called Joe, but have not heard from him. Hope he got to visit his mother.

I am currently at my son-in-laws house in California, hoping the swelling in my knee will go down soon so I can continue on my trip.

The trials and tribulations of the hobby we love. Wishing you well on your rest and recovery.

Back