• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

It was nice meeting up at the rally, sounds like you're busy getting the NC ready! Our six hour ride consisted of single track/rocky/rutty/dirt/gravel, pretty much everything. Probably more difficult than anything we'll see on the BDR. I'll be pounding out a couple dents to the skid plate from yesterday's ride. I think if we take our time we'll do just fine.

Here's the view from the lookout we rode up to:
View attachment 18467

It was great meeting you guys also.Now I know 3/4 of our group I think it is safe to say we have a ASWOME group for this ride. !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke down tonight and ordered a new TKC for the front.My Alaska one that has 13,000 miles on it has less than 1/4" of tread on it. ..

There are now 5 us staying at the Rodeway Inn in Stevenson Saturday night.It is walking distance from the brew house where we are meeting for dinner.

There are now 5 us staying at the Rodeway Inn in Stevenson Saturday night.It is walking distance from the brew house where we are meeting for dinner.

I just made reservations for Joe Tx and I at the Roadway Inn in Stevenson for the 12th Saturday night. So all will be at same hotel to start.

Last edited:
So since 7 of the 9 riders are staying at the same motel and they have a Conti breakfast how about we all just meet there at 8am Sunday morning ??.

I have been moving my daughter into her new home for 2 days now, with no end in sight. So, after 5 moving days and 5 days on the road I would not take odds on my getting up that early.

I hope the big block makes it up here.The originals had less than a 2,000 mile life span.The TKC should be good for 13,000+.

Last edited:
I just put 7,500 miles on Kenda Big Block rear tire, so Joe will be in good shape this trip. I found the Big Block did handle better in the dirt than did the TKC 80. The TKC 80 do last longer, but also cost more. Most folks say they only get about 8,000 miles on the TKC 80 rear tire. I thought you had a Heidenau K60 on the back tire? I just purchased a set of the TKC 80, and it would be nice to see high mileage on the rear tire, but that with my weight would be a real wonder of the world.

Last edited:
I'm putting a new TKC on the front on Monday and the OLD K60 back on the back, with. 13,000 miles on it.

Mounted my TCI skidplate today.I'm not completely sold on it yet,it only has one rear mount.I'm trying to figure out another mount for the other side.Overall it seems to be pretty good,is it as good as Hondabikepro's ??NO.
But it is $200 cheaper and seems like it should do the job.
uqejamuh.jpg

e2amujyj.jpg

e6uvuny6.jpg

e8y5a6an.jpg

Last edited:
Mounted my TCI skidplate today.I'm not completely sold on it yet,it only has one rear mount.I'm trying to figure out another mount for the other side.Overall it seems to be pretty good,is it as good as Hondabikepro's ??NO.
But it is $200 cheaper and seems like it should do the job.
uqejamuh.jpg

e2amujyj.jpg

e6uvuny6.jpg

e8y5a6an.jpg

Back