• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

User-report: Two-up riding on the NCX

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi all

Today is the first time I took a pillion on my NCX. It is my wife. It's her birthday, actually.
:D

I did not feel cramped with my wife sitting behind me.
But maybe this is because she weighs 50kg and she is petite at 1.50cm (she is slim built).

The acceleration is almost the same, although i could feel a little "strain" (but I had always ridden alone since bike was new).

I cannot tell the fuel consumption because it was just 50km, but I am sure it will not be as good as riding solo (it's elementary Walter).

I am quite surprised that the sitting positions are still very comfortable for me and for her. I could still slide forward and backwards in my "rider-section" while she on hers. I also have the rear Topcase (35L) so that is something to consider in the "test" too. If you are the kind who loves burgers and steaks, then maybe 2-up sitting may not be ideal. :p

All in all, I am happy to report, 2-up riding is a go. It may not accelerate as fast as a Crosstourer, but it is surely comfy on the go.

~Joe

Well, us (my pillion and me) have done several weekend trips of about 600 km in total, plus luggage, without any issues. The fuel consumption has been about 4 liters each 100 km. Very satisfied

Back