• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ugh! The wait is killing me

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow about 3:30 I pick up my NC700X. This will be my very first bike, and I am so excited. Today is just gonna drag on and on, and tomorrow morning will probably be the slowest ever. Wish I could fast-forward time :D

On a positive note, I have a 3-day weekend (I took Monday off) so I can practice driving. I am so nervous about driving it from the dealer tomorrow, even though he is 3 miles from my house. He did offer to drive it to my house for me, but I gotta do it sometime. My wife will be behind me to act as a 'buffer' so other drivers don't get too close.

Is it Friday yet?? sigh

Yes, I took the BRC a couple weeks ago. Of course, being in a controlled environment is alot different than real situations. Luckily I live in a rural area so I don't have city traffic to worry about right off the bat. I can build myself up to that.

Tomorrow about 3:30 I pick up my NC700X. This will be my very first bike, and I am so excited. Today is just gonna drag on and on, and tomorrow morning will probably be the slowest ever. Wish I could fast-forward time :D

On a positive note, I have a 3-day weekend (I took Monday off) so I can practice driving. I am so nervous about driving it from the dealer tomorrow, even though he is 3 miles from my house. He did offer to drive it to my house for me, but I gotta do it sometime. My wife will be behind me to act as a 'buffer' so other drivers don't get too close.

Is it Friday yet?? sigh

My best wishes for tomorrow as getting your 1st bike is a unique experiance that you will never forget. I still remember my 1st leagal ride all these years on. Just take it steady and I'm sure that you will be fine.
I would however ask you not to fast forward time as I return to work after my leave tomorrow and I don't want it to come too soon :)

You got it, Rocker :cool: I'll just patiently wait for tomorrow then. Probably won't get any sleep tonight, though. Maybe I'll take a nap tomorrow morning at work

Play some Christmas music tonight before you go to bed. Imagine the bike sitting in the living room with a big red bow on it, with a letter from Santa.
"You've been a very good boy this year!" :D

The BRC is a good beginning, the real place to gain experience is the street starting tomorrow. I think you will do fine if only because you have the attitude that you don't know it all. Butterflies in the stomach are a good thing, this is serious business. Have FUN!

Play some Christmas music tonight before you go to bed. Imagine the bike sitting in the living room with a big red bow on it, with a letter from Santa.
"You've been a very good boy this year!" :D
AH! but has he been a good boy?:)
ribnpat please post your thoughts about your 1st ride on the new bike so that we can share some of your enjoyment

Yes, I took the BRC a couple weeks ago. Of course, being in a controlled environment is alot different than real situations. Luckily I live in a rural area so I don't have city traffic to worry about right off the bat. I can build myself up to that.

Where in Missouri?

I used to have responsibility for a manufacturing plant in Union, Mo. and enjoyed the rural roads with letters rather than numbers, especially south of there towards Potosi and southwest towards Branson.

Lee

HI robnpat! So glad the wait is over for you! And come to think about it, it will be 3:30 here in SA before your time... Take it easy, always be alert and safe.
Enjoy!!

Thanks guys! Believe it or not, I am still afraid of my first ride, but I am sure once I get on and start moving, it'll get the butterflies out of my tummy.

I live near Jefferson City on Hwy 63. The highway is very curvy, and driving it with my SUV is a no-brainer. Somehow, I don't think it will be the same when I do it on my NC700X. I'll post my first experience tomorrow evening if my wife can pry me off my bike :p

Thanks Rocker. Believe me, I am definitely not over-confident. Two of the things that I was critiqued in the BRC was not leaning far enough in a turn (afraid of 'scraping') and not going fast enough in some of the exercises. I'm sure I will have alot of fun learning little by little.

Back