• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sound at rear wheel

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode Monday and everything seemed fine. When I was rolling it out today I heard a rasping or rubbing sound from the rear tire. So I rode the Goldwing instead.
This afternoon I looked at it. I am no mechanic, but it appears to me the disc rotor might be binding at the top. There is some scoring on the disc, maybe that’s normal, I don’t know.

There is an adjustment screw there but I don’t want to mess with it without some research. The disc may not be centered. The brake pad at the bottom has clearance.

Any ideas? I will probably call a shop tomorrow if it persists. It seems safe to ride a short distance.

Are you talking about the parking brake adjustment?
If so, have you rode the bike with the parking brake on?
There is no adjustment on the rear disc, it might be warped.

That is possible. I will check the manual. I don’t think I have ridden with the park brake on.

The place it’s binding is at the very top of the disc where it passes between two metal pieces.

Replaced the brake pads. Bigger job than I anticipated. Getting piston to stay in was beyond me. Fortunately an experienced neighbor had a special tool.

Back