• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Two Wheels of Suches / GA-60

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
A favorite destination for me is the north Georgia mountains with great roads and cooler summer temperatures. They are reasonably close, about a 3 hour ride north. The best place to stay there is Two Wheels of Suches. The location was previously Two Wheels Only, but the previous owner lost his lease. The new owner bought the property so no worry of losing lease. He did not get rights to the "TWO" name so came up with a slightly different name and new logo. He also spent considerable time and money refurbishing and upgrading the property. Refurbished main lodge and installed new kitchen. A new first class bath house. New bridges. New parking lot for cars or toy haulers with a walking bridge connecting the lot to lodge. New concrete driveway entrance off GA60. My favorite new a-frame cabins for low cost camping upgrade,. They have 2 twin beds and no facilities, but are located adjacent to the bath house.

logo_TwoWheels_final-013-300x271.jpg
Two Wheels of Suches | Motorcycle Campground & Lodge in Suches, Georgia

The first owner of TWO gave the name "Cooler Run" to the loop starting in Suches: South on 60, left turn on 19, left turn on 129, left turn on 180 and back to Suches. 32 miles and 379 turns of great road. Many other good roads in the area and a favorite destination for dual sports bikes with lots of off road trails and forest service roads.

Here is a short video:
[video=youtube_share;OT180AvYoWY]http://youtu.be/OT180AvYoWY[/video]

Nice place. I will be camping there with a bunch of Moto Guzzi riders next weekend. Coincidentally Women on Wheels have an event there the same weekend.

I need to get back up there. Great roads, vistas, campgrounds .... Everything up there is awesome.

Usually at our advrider Fall Old School Rally a group of folks will head down to TWO for lunch (obviously not when it was closed) and then head back up using a different route. Makes for a great day of riding.

I had never stopped in at Rider's Hill although I had passed it numerous times because I thought it was a typical cruiser shop. I went there with a friend a couple of weeks ago and was blown away with the bikes on offer. Not only were there lots of Guzzis, but his collection of bikes on consignment were numerous and for the most part very fairly priced. I won't drive by without checking in any more. I was seriously drooling at that V7 race replica...

Edited to add: Be careful on that 'Cooler Run' in the early Spring. Hwy 180 is notorious for gravel in the curves after Winter. There's always some on 129 and 60, but due to heavier traffic, it is much less noticeable. Great loop though!

Last edited:
Nice video and writeup, Fuzzy. We stopped there last year on the way up to the MP3 Gathering in North Carolina when they were still working on the place.

Hmm...maybe stop by there again on the way up to the Fall Gathering.

Back