Today's the day!

Jelly

Reaction score
The dealer gave me some cash back to fill the bike up at the nearest petrol station.

I guess they don't want bikes full off fuel in their garage.

Jelly

Reaction score
Went out again today, bloody cold but I just had to go out!

Got a total of just over 200 miles now, weather permitting it'll be in for the (free) 600 mile service in another couple of weeks.

I'm hoping that the seat will give a bit as it feels rock solid at the moment.

Apart from that, the bike is frigging awesome. :cool:

Got back today and gave it a bloody good wash and polish, and then a liberal spraying of WD40 in the relevant areas before putting it to bed for the week. :eek:

Last edited:

anglachel

Reaction score
I know they changed the seat on the 750, but if it's anything like the 700 the seat does not break in, your *** however will... around 1500 miles or so.

n30r3l0ad3d

Reaction score
The Dealer is stingy with how much petrol they put in new bikes, or what? lol
Sadly yes. When I bought my NC last July, they only gave me just under a gallon. Luckily for me, I was able to go 40 miles on it before I hit up a gas station. They are doing that for new and used vehicles too. I threatened the dealership to cancel our deal on a trailblazer we were interested in unless he filled the tank. At first he wouldn't do it, and about an hour later he changed his mind :)

Congrats on your new NC. Wish they sold the 750 here in the states.

silverhound

Reaction score
Went out again today, bloody cold but I just had to go out!

Got a total of just over 200 miles now, weather permitting it'll be in for the (free) 600 mile service in another couple of weeks.

Apart from that, the bike is frigging awesome. :cool:

Got back today and gave it a bloody good wash and polish, and then a liberal spraying of WD40 in the relevant areas before putting it to bed for the week. :eek:

Jelly, just curious to what the "relevant areas" are? Personally I'm a big fan of WD40 but I don't spray it on the bike as part of regular routine so I am interested in your usage of it if you don't mind sharing.

n30r3l0ad3d

Reaction score
As I sit here and look at this picture, with all the changes to the NC750X why didn't they make the rear brake better? -_-

Jelly

Reaction score
I have to say that the rear brake works extremely well.

WD40, on a rag to apply to wheels, forks and swingarm.

Sprayed into the engine bay and rear shock.

Mcress

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase Jelly! 1400 hundred sweeeet miles on mine now totally agree that bike is awesome. What area of kent you in? - I'll keep an eye out for you! If I spot you we can find out if the Black or the red bike is quicker :)
Cheers,
Mike.

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase Jelly! 1400 hundred sweeeet miles on mine now totally agree that bike is awesome. What area of kent you in? - I'll keep an eye out for you! If I spot you we can find out if the Black or the red bike is quicker :)
Cheers,
Mike.
Bl**dy hooligans are at it again.;)

Jelly

Reaction score
Cheers,
Mike.
I'm in Sittingbourne Mike, only a stones throw from yourself, a ride out seems inevitable mate. :)

Mcress

Reaction score
Know it well Jelly! Sounds like a plan - as soon as it warms up a bit we could meet up around the A249 / M20 Junction and head for the coast?
Cheers,
Mike.

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Congrats Jelly, I bought my nc700x new last July and now have 6700+ miles (10, 782 + Kilometers) and am still loving it. I rode this past Sunday, (45' F) and was having a blast. It has been raining a cold rain since and we are going to have a wintry mix tonight and snow tomorrow-arghh, did I mention I HATE winter and cold.

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats Jelly! I got mine last March and 10,000 miles/16,000 KM is coming up hard and fast. Ride!!!

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WOW, 10k miles in less than a year, do you commute on it Dan?
I commute about 600 miles a month, all but about two or three weeks a year, and play at every opportunity. :)

Jelly

Reaction score
I too intend to play at every opportunity, no point longing for a brand new bike and then not using it, right? :)