• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Today's the day!

The dealer gave me some cash back to fill the bike up at the nearest petrol station.

I guess they don't want bikes full off fuel in their garage.

Went out again today, bloody cold but I just had to go out!

Got a total of just over 200 miles now, weather permitting it'll be in for the (free) 600 mile service in another couple of weeks.

I'm hoping that the seat will give a bit as it feels rock solid at the moment.

Apart from that, the bike is frigging awesome. :cool:

Got back today and gave it a bloody good wash and polish, and then a liberal spraying of WD40 in the relevant areas before putting it to bed for the week. :eek:

F0128B3C-1462-48DE-8979-612EED7AE2C2_zpsvddp4oft.jpg

Last edited:

I know they changed the seat on the 750, but if it's anything like the 700 the seat does not break in, your *** however will... around 1500 miles or so.

The Dealer is stingy with how much petrol they put in new bikes, or what? lol

Sadly yes. When I bought my NC last July, they only gave me just under a gallon. Luckily for me, I was able to go 40 miles on it before I hit up a gas station. They are doing that for new and used vehicles too. I threatened the dealership to cancel our deal on a trailblazer we were interested in unless he filled the tank. At first he wouldn't do it, and about an hour later he changed his mind :)

Congrats on your new NC. Wish they sold the 750 here in the states.

Went out again today, bloody cold but I just had to go out!

Got a total of just over 200 miles now, weather permitting it'll be in for the (free) 600 mile service in another couple of weeks.

Apart from that, the bike is frigging awesome. :cool:

Got back today and gave it a bloody good wash and polish, and then a liberal spraying of WD40 in the relevant areas before putting it to bed for the week. :eek:

F0128B3C-1462-48DE-8979-612EED7AE2C2_zpsvddp4oft.jpg

Jelly, just curious to what the "relevant areas" are? Personally I'm a big fan of WD40 but I don't spray it on the bike as part of regular routine so I am interested in your usage of it if you don't mind sharing.

As I sit here and look at this picture, with all the changes to the NC750X why didn't they make the rear brake better? -_-

I have to say that the rear brake works extremely well.

WD40, on a rag to apply to wheels, forks and swingarm.

Sprayed into the engine bay and rear shock.

Congrats on the purchase Jelly! 1400 hundred sweeeet miles on mine now totally agree that bike is awesome. What area of kent you in? - I'll keep an eye out for you! If I spot you we can find out if the Black or the red bike is quicker :)
Cheers,
Mike.

Congrats on the purchase Jelly! 1400 hundred sweeeet miles on mine now totally agree that bike is awesome. What area of kent you in? - I'll keep an eye out for you! If I spot you we can find out if the Black or the red bike is quicker :)
Cheers,
Mike.

Bl**dy hooligans are at it again.;)

Cheers,
Mike.

I'm in Sittingbourne Mike, only a stones throw from yourself, a ride out seems inevitable mate. :)

Know it well Jelly! Sounds like a plan - as soon as it warms up a bit we could meet up around the A249 / M20 Junction and head for the coast?
Cheers,
Mike.

Congrats Jelly, I bought my nc700x new last July and now have 6700+ miles (10, 782 + Kilometers) and am still loving it. I rode this past Sunday, (45' F) and was having a blast. It has been raining a cold rain since and we are going to have a wintry mix tonight and snow tomorrow-arghh, did I mention I HATE winter and cold.

Congrats Jelly! I got mine last March and 10,000 miles/16,000 KM is coming up hard and fast. Ride!!!

Back