• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TKC's

I am assuming the rear is either a 150/70-17 or a 180/55-17. The 180 compares more accurately for diameter and sidewall height but not sure if we can stuff a 180 in there.

Anybody?

I am assuming the rear is either a 150/70-17 or a 180/55-17. The 180 compares more accurately for diameter and sidewall height but not sure if we can stuff a 180 in there.

Anybody?

I have the 150/70 rear and 120/70 front :D

The 180 seemed a bit too much.

Thanks for the info guys. Are the 150/70 TKC's measuring out to a full 150? I measured the Z8's with a caliper and they are measuring out to about 152 for a 160 tire. Rim width make a difference on the final tire width for a given size tire. A wider tire on a narrower rim would give a rounder profile and might not measure out to the full width. I'm thinking maybe the 180/55 might be this way. The difference between a 160 and a 180 is only 5mm each side. Not huge.

How do the TKC's do on the street on this bike? I thought they were OK when I had them on my GS Adventure. Not canyon carvers but still not bad. Problem is they are a short lived tire and pretty expensive. I'd say two sets of TKC's to one set of Z8's.

I'd also like to know how the Pirelli MT60's are holding up from those that have tried them.

How much difference is between the TKC's/K60 combo and the stock Bridgestones when it comes to pavement? I know there will be a tradeoff but I just want to know how much to expect. I don't want to do anything crazy but having the ability to ride an unimproved forest service road would be nice. Also, anyone noticed vibrations while on road with the knobbies?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Back